2003 ford Powerstroke

sandawg

Getting a code of P0231=Indicates voltage was not pressent on fuel pump monitor circuit when fuel pump was commanded on!

Anybody know where I should look now???

Checked the inertia switch, FP fuse, suspect harness on Drivers side valve cover that can be a problem, no find problem. Is it time to chase down the wires in the secondary fuel pump circuit???

Any help appreciated!

Pat- :beercheers:

Getting a code of P0231=Indicates voltage was not pressent on fuel pump monitor circuit when fuel pump was commanded on!

Anybody know where I should look now???

Checked the inertia switch, FP fuse, suspect harness on Drivers side valve cover that can be a problem, no find problem. Is it time to chase down the wires in the secondary fuel pump circuit???

Any help appreciated!

Pat- :beercheers:

Found it!!!!!The connector in the harness that goes to the mount on the drivers side valve cover was the culprit. Took it apart and reconnected it and tightened up the nut that holds it together and wa la, heard the fuel pump and it started right up!!!

According to my mechanic....future son in law that works at Friendly Ford in the shop said that is a common problem.....chitty connector!!!