BIODIESEL

stalteri

Has anybody used this stuff in a late model diesel :freakin_nuts: ? I see it at more gas stations now and I was thinking of trying it when and if it gets to be cheaper than regular diesel. Has it proven itself to anybody out there :freakin_nuts: :laughing: ?

Has anybody used this stuff in a late model diesel :freakin_nuts: ? I see it at more gas stations now and I was thinking of trying it when and if it gets to be cheaper than regular diesel. Has it proven itself to anybody out there :freakin_nuts: :laughing: ?

There is a sinclair gas station on durango that sells it. I got gas there last week but I didn't know it was biodiesel till I read about it in the newspaper that they were selling it. I didn't see a separate pump for it. My truck ran the same. I paid $2.93 but I went by there today and it's now $3.01. So what happened to it being cheaper???????

There is a sinclair gas station on durango that sells it. I got gas there last week but I didn't know it was biodiesel till I read about it in the newspaper that they were selling it. I didn't see a separate pump for it. My truck ran the same. I paid $2.93 but I went by there today and it's now $3.01. So what happened to it being cheaper???????

yo tony, the write up in the paper said there stuff was only 5% bio, and it was derived from soy bean oil ????

Has anybody used this stuff in a late model diesel :rockwoot: ? I see it at more gas stations now and I was thinking of trying it when and if it gets to be cheaper than regular diesel. Has it proven itself to anybody out there :laughing: :mc_smiley: ?

Also, be advised it might be a few cents cheaper a gallon (if your lucky), but it burns faster, and you get LESS distance on a tank of B5 than u do on conventional diesel . Better for the environment, but crappier mileage is the end result. Until you get going with something other than soybean oil based, (like B5) your gonna be going less distance on a tank, cause we did !!!

Has anybody used this stuff in a late model diesel :driver: ? I see it at more gas stations now and I was thinking of trying it when and if it gets to be cheaper than regular diesel. Has it proven itself to anybody out there :shake::cripple: ?

Tony,

Check this site out. Dieselstop.com BioDiesel Forum They have a forum section for bio-diesel. They way to get cheap bio-diesel is to make it yourself. Its just too much work for must of us to be willing to do, but check it out anyway.

Tony,

Check this site out. Dieselstop.com BioDiesel Forum They have a forum section for bio-diesel. They way to get cheap bio-diesel is to make it yourself. Its just too much work for must of us to be willing to do, but check it out anyway.

Dirty Jobs had an episode where this dude collected used cooking oil and converted it. He got 40 mpg in an old Nissan Diesel!! I think that's the same stuff....

Edited by cmyfirepole

Dirty Jobs had an episode where this dude collected used cooking oil and converted it. He got 40 mpg in an old Nissan Diesel!! I think that's the same stuff....

The B5 they are selling @ the sinclair stations is Bean oil based, not like the old french fry oil etc. they make the other stuff out of. You can manufactor the stuff yourself, comes out to about 1.70 to 1.80 a gallon, its just the investment in the equipment to manufactor it that gets pricey. lets have a DDR fund raiser and buy/make or own Bio. SWEET. :beercheers:

I just filled up with the biofuel in my 03 and we will see how it does. I dumped a full bottle of Amsoil fuel modifier in with it just in case.

Edited by AlligatorP