934 Cv ?

Just Mike

So I am trying to get the final prep stuff done on my car. I decided to check the extended angle on my axles and I came up with 26.2 degrees. I have read that 934's can go upt to 27-28 degrees but I wanted to make sure. I have also heard that 24 was the max. Just don't want to screw anything up. Oh yea I was told they were Kar Tek Cv's if that matters.

Edited by Go Raiders

2 important points mike

a ) 26 is the max, however you get 1 inch of flex out of your straps so if you droop it to 26 degrees keep in mind you will flex past that when you get air on the straps

B ) watch for breakage on the retainer ring that holds your boots at the tranny mine was flexing past 26 and i broke that retainer piece cause the cv balls were flexing out and hitting it.

i suggest 25.5 and double your limiting straps up on both sides. do not use butches straps they flex an inch just from drooping the car on a jack there too thin. pyrotek the ones at car craft or beards seem to be the best but double them. :D

this combo has worked very well for me thus far :mischevious:

Edited by barefoot bob

2 important points mike

a ) 26 is the max, however you get 1 inch of flex out of your straps so if you droop it to 26 degrees keep in mind you will flex past that when you get air on the straps

B ) watch for breakage on the retainer ring that holds your boots at the tranny mine was flexing past 26 and i broke that retainer piece cause the cv balls were flexing out and hitting it.

i suggest 25.5 and double your limiting straps up on both sides. do not use butches straps they flex an inch just from drooping the car on a jack there too thin. pyrotek the ones at car craft or beards seem to be the best but double them. :D

this combo has worked very well for me thus far :mischevious:

Yea when they told me 26 I adjusted it to 25.4 . The straps are Pyrotec. I do like the idea of doubling them. Thanks for the pointers. :laughing:

Edited by Go Raiders

put 3 zipties to hold the twins together and they act as 1 . just dont forget to cut the ends or people will accuse you of poor wormanship :mischevious:

True dat! It's about time you see the light and understand, old man. :laughing: