No dang spark

2Extreme

After the build my son's bike ran just fine, then it sat for month or so and was hard to start with a very weak spark. Then it would not start at all. So, I think it the condensor and install a new set of points and condensor, set the gap at about .013-.014 and it still has no spark. I do a resistance check on the coil, primary side is 1.8 ohms and secondary is 8.5 ohms. Seem's a little high so I try the coil off my bike. Still no spark. I think it might be the stator (3.0 ohms resistance), so I try the stator/condensor from my bike and still have no spark and it won't start. Any ideas out there guys???

After the build my son's bike ran just fine, then it sat for month or so and was hard to start with a very weak spark. Then it would not start at all. So, I think it the condensor and install a new set of points and condensor, set the gap at about .013-.014 and it still has no spark. I do a resistance check on the coil, primary side is 1.8 ohms and secondary is 8.5 ohms. Seem's a little high so I try the coil off my bike. Still no spark. I think it might be the stator (3.0 ohms resistance), so I try the stator/condensor from my bike and still have no spark and it won't start. Any ideas out there guys???

It's alive! Just want to share the experience... keep a close eye on your point gap and make sure your solder connections are good. Too large of a gap and the points wire wasn't secure to the condenser.

Right on! :ban-split:

You're back in bizzz. :mc:

Good job with the diagnostic method. :atv:

R-

It's alive! Just want to share the experience... keep a close eye on your point gap and make sure your solder connections are good. Too large of a gap and the points wire wasn't secure to the condenser.

SWEET!

Regatta is on like donkey kong. :atc: :thumb::atv: