to kreem or not to kreem

vegas style

i have done the acid wash to my tank and it did a good job. the tank had light rust nothing heavy. after a couple trips i noticed the inline filters were turning rusty. and the tank had light surface rust through out. i had been running 91 pump gas through it but with the new motor i will stick to rebel 100.

so my question is has anybody used KREEM i have heard good and bad things. couple people have said it will break down after 2 years and is impossible to remove. my atc 70 is a rare factory blue so i would like to keep it nice.

if it was only surface rust and the structure of the tank is still solid then i say filters instead of kreem, isbb's tank was lined and he had to dig out a bunch of it that had come off. clean it up good, keep it full, and keep a couple filters handy, and you should be good to go :dumbass:

• 2 weeks later...

eventually you will have to Kreem the tank, ---- Words from experience.

I had both my tanks cleaned kept them topped off as best as i could, pending on the the amount of beverage consumed and if i was able to get the gas hose in the hole at night :thumb: just didn't sounds right.

Long story short, eventually it rusted up again, my rust wasn't bad, but it was enough to clogged the filters in line and in the carb. A carb rebuild and filter replacement was in order, something you really don't want to have to do when out playing in the sand.

It might be in your best interested to kreem the tank, at least it will give you a peace of mind knowing that rust or clogged gas filters isn't an issue.