sincityshooter13 Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 I figured i'd post this here. i have a 3' x 5' flag i want to run on my truck in march when we go to dumont. What do you guys use as a pole/whip on your sandrails? I thought about using a half inch pipe, but i want it to bend back while driving so it looks like im haulin a$$ lol. a friend suggested doubling up two dirt bike whips. I know one wont be strong enough cus it already bends into a 90 with only a 1'x1' flag on it. Quote
sincityshooter13 Posted February 15, 2010 Author Posted February 15, 2010 i guess everyone went to dumont, forgot it was prez weekend. im not even sure why i posted this before researching it lol, i blame the alcohol. found a site that sells 3/8" 6' whips for 20 shipped. seem like a good deal? any places local or online you guys recommend? Quote
dunefreak Posted February 15, 2010 Posted February 15, 2010 As for my truck...I just went to Lowes and bought a piece of 5/8" diameter electrical conduit and chopped it down to whatever length worked. It's probably about 6 ft or so. Then I drilled a couple holes in it where the flag will mount so it doesn't slide down. Just ziptie the flag on it and mount in somewhere in the bed of the truck near a mount. Walla. Quote
Don29palms Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 I just use a piece of rebar in a 2' by 2' block of concrete. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.