advice

mex450

i'm thinking of removing my stickers off my rzr any good advise on how to take them off? :DDRrocks:

I removed mine with a heat gun. just get the sticker hot not the plastic be very carefull

any additional adhesive left in the plastic use WD-40 to remove that..

Be REAL CAREFUL with that heat gun though :watching:

I think this is what we used on the adhesive left behind after removing body molding on a truck I use to own.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/ite...itemno=MMM+7498

WD-40's primary base ingredient is fish oil it is harmless to the plastic as well as the finish you could spray a whole can on your RZR and leave it over night without fear of any damage at all plus whats a can of WD cost? $5 its your call bro :rockwoot:

WD-40's primary base ingredient is fish oil it is harmless to the plastic as well as the finish you could spray a whole can on your RZR and leave it over night without fear of any damage at all plus whats a can of WD cost? $5 its your call bro :rockwoot:

HUMM... just trying to give him options

I think this is what we used on the adhesive left behind after removing body molding on a truck I use to own.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/ite...itemno=MMM+7498

I used that 3M wheel when i debadged my truck... It works awsome!

I removed mine with a heat gun. just get the sticker hot not the plastic be very carefull

Good tip on the wd40. I'm gonna try that when (if) i get around to removing the safety warnings plastered all over

Be REAL CAREFUL with that heat gun though :rockwoot:

Heat Gun and WD-40. I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2 (Big Dave has never steered me wrong)

I used that 3M wheel when i debadged my truck... It works awsome!

Good tip on the wd40. I'm gonna try that when (if) i get around to removing the safety warnings plastered all over

Here is the opinion, I dont claim to be the formost expert in removig adhesive. How ever I do tend to base many of my opinions on common sense and experience. Here is my thoughts on this issue:

We are talking about removing adhesive from a plastic body panel not a metal one. I have no doubt that the wheel method is very effective on a metal car body, but what we are talking about is removing adhesive from plastic with a revolving wheel turning at 3600 rpm.This is more likely to damage the PLASTIC by causing HEAT and friction, then a can of fish oil with no heating or abrasive qualitys. :ahhhhh: Considering the material being worked on is as important as the product you are working on it with. Just my opinion...

Edited by Big Dave

When I took all of my safety stickers off, I used a hair dryer (less chance of a screw-up :ban-split: !) and Goof Off. WD-40 will work as well. Final clean up with Denatured Alchohol.

Just go slow and you should be fine!

ranger z thanks man the hair dryer worked well .... finish it will wd 40 lil buff done !! thanks everyone :blink: :poop: