GPS unit install on yfz450

rushjunkie

Won't need this too much at Dumont, but since i won the Garmin in a raffle and i'm planning a trip to Glamis and it gives mph I decided to buy a mount and try this.

Depending on the mount you got they work pretty good. I had one like this and it worked well. The mount and the batteries shaking to the point of losing connection was the problem.

Got me to china wall and back with no problem.

YO can get all the coordinates off the web for glamis, took a whole day to get to most of them but it was spot on, maybe a a couple hundred feet off at times

pack they batteries with paper towels or foam. They tend to vibrate and shut the unit off.. I had a setup like that on my 2 wheeler.. after packing it with a piece of foam to keep the batteries from vibrating around in there we had no more random shut downs.. was nothing like looking down and not having the gps there when you need it..

You could always buy the 12v adapter. I got mine at the bass pro shop. I always ran the batteries dead, using it as my speedometer in my old bus. You'd have to cut the cigarette adp. off and wire it in, but it would solve any battery issues. I was thinking about installing a mount in my boat, for some catalina trips :rainbow1:

Accuracy changes a bit, sometimes 3', sometime more; but it'll always get you back to camp, or to a stranded buddy :atv:

Had this out on a ride yesterday. Worked fine, didn't lose power at all but all we rode were smooooth dunes. Wished it read the mph in large numbers so I can actually read it while riding. Should come in real handy for desert riding and Glamis.