MoHo tires

Mr.BrownSand

Hi you guys!

I have been having trouble with the tires on my MoHo. I had a blowout in Texas, (Texas Sucks :dunno: s!0) and then last week my dad blew a tire in Utah. (Love Utah) both rear tires, different sides.

I looked at the tires the week before he took it out, but I didn't check the air. I don't think he checked it ether.

I've got a few questions: keep in mind, I'm buying new tires ASAP

How do you tell when a tire is going bad? (the side walls are kinda squishy on mine)

What is the best tire?

Should you put all 115 lbs of air in, or should you leave 15 lbs for when it heats up?

Good place in vegas to buy tires?

Specs:

Front tires are ToYo, M120z 255/70r 22.5

Rear tires are Mixed now but same size.

And the coach is around 24,000 lbs

thanks,

Ken

Edited by Mr.BrownSand

I do all of our fleet's tires. I've got about 300 HD truck tires installed on equipment that I'm in charge of.

In my experience, the Toyo's hold up about as well as most foreign tires do :banghead: . We run bridgestones, Michelins( real expensive though), and Kelley's. I like the Kelley's because of the lower cost, and the country of origin :usa: ; my point being: you really do get what you pay for in tires.

Tire pressure is vital, especially on dual applications. Bridgestone did a study of the effects of 5 lbs. difference between a brand new set of mated duals, and found that the under inflated one ends up being drug, by the properly inflated one, 13 feet per mile. Not only is that a lot of unnecessary wear, but it also generates a lot of heat, which will cause blowouts as the casings age.

Other than that, keep the sun off them in storage via covers, and block them off the dirt(a theory that dirt pulls moisture)[ I use old mud flaps]. Also, routinely check for weather cracking/ dry rot, and or blisters(swelling) and cuts/injuries.

I've seen just about every brand blowout, so nothing's guaranteed. I had a steer tire go at 60 mph, destroyed the front end of the vehicle, but thank God no one was along side me, or they'd have died. It jerked the rig over about 15 ft, but it didn't flip :undecided:

It's cheap peace of mind to replace them if in doubt.

For our fleet, if we get 10 yrs before the casings go, we're doing good; but garage/ solar protection will increase your tire life.

I do all of our fleet's tires. I've got about 300 HD truck tires installed on equipment that I'm in charge of.

In my experience, the Toyo's hold up about as well as most foreign tires do :banghead: . We run bridgestones, Michelins( real expensive though), and Kelley's. I like the Kelley's because of the lower cost, and the country of origin :usa: ; my point being: you really do get what you pay for in tires.

Tire pressure is vital, especially on dual applications. Bridgestone did a study of the effects of 5 lbs. difference between a brand new set of mated duals, and found that the under inflated one ends up being drug, by the properly inflated one, 13 feet per mile. Not only is that a lot of unnecessary wear, but it also generates a lot of heat, which will cause blowouts as the casings age.

Other than that, keep the sun off them in storage via covers, and block them off the dirt(a theory that dirt pulls moisture)[ I use old mud flaps]. Also, routinely check for weather cracking/ dry rot, and or blisters(swelling) and cuts/injuries.

I've seen just about every brand blowout, so nothing's guaranteed. I had a steer tire go at 60 mph, destroyed the front end of the vehicle, but thank God no one was along side me, or they'd have died. It jerked the rig over about 15 ft, but it didn't flip :undecided:

It's cheap peace of mind to replace them if in doubt.

For our fleet, if we get 10 yrs before the casings go, we're doing good; but garage/ solar protection will increase your tire life.

Hey, thanks for the info..

What do you think about nitrogen verses air in tires. is it worth the 80 bucks it costs?

Sams club in las vegas cant get my size tire. Costco has a Michelin XZE for about 500 $$$ each. I think I'm going to go with goodyear g670's.. Good tire? I think..

I wouldn't bother with the nitrogen, if it costs that much. As long as you're checking your pressures periodically, plain old air will work just fine! That's all we use.

Both of your tire choices are excellent tires. Michelins are the top of the line, and the cost reflects this, but goodyear makes an excellent tire as well. I believe that model is a 120 psi rated tire( very good). Goodyear also, to the best of my knowledge, manufactures Kelley tires.

I have a mobile tire guy here in SoCal. that got me Kelley KSR 1's that size, for my pick up, for right around $300 each. I don't know if he'd travel that far, but he does get competetive pricing.

Either of these 3 tires will work out great for you.