new oregon riding safety card

vegas style

i was just on the phone ordering my oregon atv permits for the 450r and atc70 ($10 each good for 2 years just need to call and have vin# and credit card) seems to be the best option for nevada people.

the lady was telling me oregon is fazing in a mandatory safety class/card starting with everyone 31 years old and younger this year, 41 and younger next and everyone by 2014. she said it is a 2 hour online class that is good for a life. here is a link to the oregon government page with all the info........

oregon atv safety class info

as i read it california honors oregon and vice vers. it is a loop hole because nevada doesnt issue one. so as long as it is permitted in one state (oregon, utah, california) it should be honored. they had no problem selling and mailing the permits to a nevada address.

FROM THE OREGON WEBSITE...................

Reciprocity for Out-of-State Permits

An ATV operating permit that is issued in another state shall be honored in the State of Oregon if the issuing state also honors an Oregon ATV operating permit.

(1) The ATV must have a resident state ATV operating permit or a State of Oregon ATV operating permit to operate the ATV on designated ATV areas.

(a) A State of Oregon ATV operating permit may be issued for all terrain vehicles owned by a resident of another state.

(B) An ATV operating permit is valid in those areas designated for ATV use.

Stat. Auth.: ORS 390.180

Stats. Implemented: ORS 390.180

Hist.: PRD 8-2000, f. & cert. ef. 6-2-00

Oregon will honor off road permits from the following states:

Alaska

California

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Missouri

Montana

North Dakota