FREE Child OHV Safety Course

Jmanx

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department is providing a FREE Child OHV Safety Course at the Sheriff's/BLM command post at Dumont on Saturday, 10-30-10. The first class will start at 9AM and the second will start at 2PM. Classes should last between 1-2 hours. Bring your child and their quad/MC as we teach them the basics for safe OHV riding. Each child will be given a certificate (and CANDY!!) at the completion of the class. Happy Halloween! See ya at the dunes.....

Edited by Jmanx

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department is providing a FREE Child OHV Safety Course at the Sheriff's/BLM command post at Dumont on Saturday, 10-30-10. The first class will start at 9AM and the second will start at 2PM. Classes should last between 1-2 hours. Bring your child and their quad/MC as we teach them the basics for safe OHV riding. Each child will be given a certificate (and CANDY!!) at the completion of the class. Happy Halloween! See ya at the dunes.....

Thanks for the info

This is a great opportunity. Did this last year at dumont. Usually you have to buy a new quad to get a free pass from your dealer. Dumont SBCSD are great guys and make the kids feel confident with their riding abilitys. Recomend this to anyone with kids. My daughter had to show her certificate to ride at Azusa canyon a few weeks ago :headbang1::whoop::thumb:

This is a great opportunity. Did this last year at dumont. Usually you have to buy a new quad to get a free pass from your dealer. Dumont SBCSD are great guys and make the kids feel confident with their riding abilitys. Recomend this to anyone with kids. My daughter had to show her certificate to ride at Azusa canyon a few weeks ago :headbang1::whoop::thumb:

Right on!! Glad to hear your daughter enjoyed the class and had a cert when she needed to show it. Please spread the word guys. See ya at the dunes! :DDRrocks:

Good question....17 and under will get certs. Adults can go through the course if they'd like to. See ya at the dunes! :whoop:

Jake do the kids have to bring a quad that they are "legit" to ride or can my 13 yr. old bring the 450 he has been riding for 4 years? I would not have access to a legal size for his age quad and he would be bored so I would like to get him involved but have to be able to get it done. Let me know please.

Jake do the kids have to bring a quad that they are "legit" to ride or can my 13 yr. old bring the 450 he has been riding for 4 years? I would not have access to a legal size for his age quad and he would be bored so I would like to get him involved but have to be able to get it done. Let me know please.

Bring the quad's/mc's your little ones ride on a daily basis....We'll make it work! ;)

Maybe Billsinca is talking about the age on the quad. If you bring a 50cc that says "no one under 6", can a 5 year old still take the course and be certified?

Bring your 5 yr old. We aren't the "no one under 6" sticker cops :thumbsdown: . Our goal is to have as many kids take this course as possible, and make it a good experience for all. I'm leaving for the dunes tomorrow thru Halloween, but I'll answer any other questions I can before I leave....See ya at the dunes!! :yiah: