Custom 1-ton Chevy stepside

Mike330R

Update-I put the carb back on this and it now runs strong!!

Call or PM Mike at 619-867-4730. Possible trades (plus cash is necessary) for other vehicles. No boats or motorcycles.

1983 Chevy step side-NO SMOG REQUIRED! Zero rust! Straight body with a few scratches. This truck was originally a diesel but the previous own installed a very healthy 350 engine, hence no smog required. He also installed a 1991 front clip. Registered as non-op. No expense was spared in this build. I have since installed a new crate 350 motor which has 228 miles on it. I also have all the parts to add AC.

Since I have owned it I have installed a rebuilt TH350 Transmission matted to a twin sticked NP205 transfer case . I have also fully rebuilt and installed 1-ton axles (Dana 60 front and 14B w/ disk brakes). Both have all new 4:88 gears and both have a Detroit locker. Both axles have extremely heavy-duty differential covers and the rear has a heavy duty yoke guard. Steel brake lines front and rear. Both axles were fully rebuilt with all new seals, king pins, bearings, gears etc etc and have a few hundred miles on them! All new front and rear drive shafts.

The front Dana 60 has a brand new hydraulic assist steering system with heavy duty cross over steering. All new steering gear box and pump with frame brace to make the weak stock frame much stronger where the gear box bolts to the frame.

All new drive shafts, new beadlock rims and 39” tires. 4” lift National springs, all new body mounts with 1” lift, custom made rock sliders/steps.

All new metal bed floor with 4 tie down loops. Heavy-duty transmission and steering coolers., front receiver/winch mount. Also have a roof mounted light bar with 5 KC lights.

Here it is as it sits now:

IMG_3154.jpg

Interior: It also has a fully aftermarket dash bezel with auto meter gauges: new-dash.jpg

Hydro assist steering with cross over steering:

pscram.jpg

Front diff cover with fill and drain plugs (same type on the rear):

diffcover.jpg

14 Bolt Rear axle Yoke Guard:

yoke_guard.jpg

Rear disk brake conversion:

brakes.jpg

Allied Beadlock Wheels with 39” pitbull tires plus a full sized beadlocked spare (never used):

whl_installed_posttrim.jpg

Steps/sliders (fully powder coated & welded to frame):

tacton3.jpg

front.JPG

driversside.JPG

Ready for your custom bumper:

rear.JPG

int_door.JPG

int_driver.JPG

int_pass.JPG

Bed mounted 40 gallon tank:

bed.JPG

motor.JPG

$12000 OBO. I'd like a daily driver/4x4 like a Toyota extra cab or maybe something else?

Call or PM Mike at 619-867-4730. Possible partial trades + cash.

Edited by Mike330R

• 3 months later...