clean up weekend

sandawg

The crowd seemed smaller than I'm used to seeing. The weather was perfect. To me the dunes seemed cleaner than in the past, Probably due to the high winds blowing the trash off the flats. There were two big trash bins out there that didn't look like they were as full as in the past.

Terry had secured lots of drawing prizes and the system of getting tickets only for the bags that were picked up went well. The winner of the 50-50 got $257.

Trophys were handed out for the winners of the biggest, most unusual ect. ect.

Blm supplied a hot dog lunch for the participants. The higher ups from BLM were at an event somewhere else and the maint. folks handeled their part.

All in all a success

OK, I will chime in about the weekend and the clean-up. The clean-up went without a hitch and was a great time. We gave out about $5000.00 worth of products and services to a bunch of happy duner's!Lot's of trash was picked up and the area was noticeably cleaner. My thanks to John Daglish, Mike Woods and Ken Allen for their help and support as members of the Board of Directors of FoDD. Also my thanks to Michelle, Rebecca and Kathy plus Mrs. D for your help in the registration booth. The BLM maint. guys were Johnny on the spot with hot dogs, chips and lots of cold beverages. Our thanks to them and to the BLM for the free weekend and the 6 free yearly passes they donated as prizes.

Most of all I have to say thank you to the sponsors who donated some great raffle prizes and I had a blast handing them out. Our website is finally being worked on and I will update it as soon as it becomes "alive" again of the list of the sponsors and their donations as soon as possible.

The weather was great, the sand was better and the riding was fantastic. I got in a couple of super fast runs with Randog and Lou b and then some nice and mellow stuff with the people in our camp. Overall one of the finest weekends I have had out there in awhile:)

Look forward to our 10th annual clean up next march 2012!!

Terry

This was my crews second year out there for cleanup and we thought it was alot quieter then last year. We cleaned up very well at the raffle and would like to thank everyone that supports this function. We will rememeber all the sponsors when it comes time to support and purchase for our toys! The weather was awesome and the dunes were empty. We thought weather and dune wise this was our best trip this season. A nice change from President's Day. Thanks again to all that make Dumont one of our favorite new stomping ground. Wish I had taken some pics at the raffle.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time on clean up weekend. Car ran GREAT,weather was good, company was good, Moterhome died 50 miles from Las Vegas but SANDAWG saved the day :woopitydoo::clap: THANKS BUDDY

Edited by L.E.D