Electric tongue jack

Sincity_blondie

Hi DDR people. Im looking for some advise. My crank tongue jack just took a sh*t, so im thinking of upgrading to the electric version. Anyone have any suggestions or comments? Help a girl out. Thanks :beercheers:

Do you know the tongue weight of the trailer? That would help in determining if you can get away with the lighter jack or not. Call Dusty @ Johhny walkers Flamingo/Bldr hwy location and ask him for some advice. Tell him you know me and that may help.

Terry

Will the electric jack work with the plug in the tow vechicle running? should do the trick.:undecided: Not sure though do not have one myself. Let us know what you end up getting and how it works out.

Electric jacks will run off the trucks 7 pin connector if the trailer batteries are dead. They also come with a hand crank that goes in the top and you can manually lower or lift the trailer. Not much effort involved and a hell of a lot easier than the old style crank type jacks.

I got the heavier duty one from Camping World for my big a$$ trailer. Works great. Was under $300 if I remember correctly. They have a cheaper one of the same manufacturer that I think would work fine on your trailer for a lot less. Give me a call if you need some help putting it on. I have a Camping World Club Card if you want the discount.

Do you know the tongue weight of the trailer? That would help in determining if you can get away with the lighter jack or not. Call Dusty @ Johhny walkers Flamingo/Bldr hwy location and ask him for some advice. Tell him you know me and that may help.

Terry

Thanks Terry, I go in and see Dusty. Im familiar with him, talk to him every time I go into Johnny Walker, nice guy. Im honestly not sure what the tongue weight is?? Where would I find that information?

I got the heavier duty one from Camping World for my big a$$ trailer. Works great. Was under $300 if I remember correctly. They have a cheaper one of the same manufacturer that I think would work fine on your trailer for a lot less. Give me a call if you need some help putting it on. I have a Camping World Club Card if you want the discount.

Ill let ya know JJ, depending on what the price for Johnny Walker is. What brand did you get?? I was doing some research online yesterday. Seems

like it might be pretty easy to swap out. Just a few bolts, but I may need help.

Thanks Terry, I go in and see Dusty. Im familiar with him, talk to him every time I go into Johnny Walker, nice guy. Im honestly not sure what the tongue weight is?? Where would I find that information?

Ill let ya know JJ, depending on what the price for Johnny Walker is. What brand did you get?? I was doing some research online yesterday. Seems

like it might be pretty easy to swap out. Just a few bolts, but I may need help.

Just tell Dusty what kind of rig it is and he can guide you.

Edited by ynot