financing and hauling advice

jetjock15

Two questions friends, please advise:

Im ready to buy a sand car if i can get financing:

Who offers sand car financing and what are the rates? looking to get a loan for 35-45 and pick up one of the great deals on cars as of late.

Question 2, i have a Sandpiper 5er with garage and haul three quads and two dirtbikes crammed in... i was thinking of switching to an open (non-garage) model so i could fit in a sand car, I have a trailer for sale local in mind, but then with the sand car in there i guess i couldnt fit all the other bikes? So either way im stuck towing doubles i guess(i have done in past). So should i just keep the garage model I have and tow the sand car double on an open trailer, or get the open model toyhauler and a small trailer to tow quads in behind, or is it the same thing? I guess towing the quads behind would be a smaller, lighter second trailer, which is a good thing from the experience i have had towing doubles previous. Thanks for any advice!

Vegas Rob.

Well Im sure you have read into it but make sure your gonna be legal no matter which way you go. As far as stability it would make more sense to get an open trailer and tow the quads behind in a smaller trailer. But will this method be more economical for you? Might be easier for you to just keep the trailer you have and tow behind it. Guess it all depends on your wallet..lol My vote is an open bay trailer with a small tow behind though! :thumb: Im excited for you good deals on cars now wish I could afford one.

^ good advice ^

Each state is different. I'm sure Nevada has different length limit( with legal tripples and all ); but you might want to check on Cali. I believe it's 65' max here. It sounds like alot, but depending on your 5er, you might exceed your length. With a 40'er and a long bed, you only have about 10 remaining. My father in law pulls doubles when he goes camping, and it is legal, but he's right at 65'.

On a side note, I'm running 68' with my bus and cargo trl. and I've never been questioned...yet :pray:

Measure first. I wish I had

^ good advice ^

Each state is different. I'm sure Nevada has different length limit( with legal tripples and all ); but you might want to check on Cali. I believe it's 65' max here. It sounds like alot, but depending on your 5er, you might exceed your length. With a 40'er and a long bed, you only have about 10 remaining. My father in law pulls doubles when he goes camping, and it is legal, but he's right at 65'.

On a side note, I'm running 68' with my bus and cargo trl. and I've never been questioned...yet :pray:

Measure first. I wish I had

Nevada is a 70' length limit. You would have to check with DMV on the towing triples but in Ca. you are hit with several different rules. First your fifth wheel cannot be longer than 28' and the open trailer must be on a class 3 or whatever weight applies hitch. It must also have electric brakes and the whole rig cannot exceed 65'. I think you would need a special endorsement on your D/L if you are a ca. resident but as a Nevada resident ,again you have to check with NV DMV. I know I am over length by just a bit bit have never been stopped or even looked at. Best info I can tell you is if your going to Dumont either go through Baker or Pahrump. Do not go through Tecopa. They don't like big rigs and have been known to have stings on big weekends that can be a real hassle for you.

I think you would need a special endorsement on your D/L if you are a ca. resident

IIRC you need a class-A non-commercial license to tow a 5er over 10k, or a double. That's as a Ca resident; not sure what the law would be for an Nv resident in Ca.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Who do you bank with? I just called up a couple of my local banks and told them what I wanted and how much I was willing to pay. As in I will pay $XX,XXX amount of dollars if you make me the loan ( $XX,XXX amount includes principle plus intrest on the loan) Dont be affraid to name your price and shop around a bit.