Raptor 700 pipes

Bottom line for me... I HATE the sound of the stock raptor 700. It sounds so tinny, almost 2 stroke-ish. I have an outlaw 525 as well and it sounds good. nice deaper tone. I also think the outlaw has better mid-range power.

I know there isn't much power in the pipes, and so far i LOVE the dual pipes. It's too bad many of the duals don't seem to be legal in DB. I think i was looking at the DMC Duals but it says it's too loud for general dunes. I plan to ride Dumont most, and I will hit Oregon dunes as well. They are picky in Oregon for sure. (don't want to interupt the tree hugging).

Has anyone seen/used the little modified peice for the stock pipes from ebay? It says these make it sound better and opens it up some. I am not really looking for more power right now (maybe better mid-range), and the cost for a full pipe set and tune is a little out of my price right now. Maybe just a decent slip-on is the answer???

what do you think?

Get the duals. Slip on's will be loud but not worth the power gain. As far as noise, all of the main dual systems out there have a 'quiet core' option which would bring the sound back to an acceptable level for places that check.

Your best bet is to keep an eye out on some of the forums, mainly the Raptor specific ones. Used duals pop up for sale pretty often and would better fit your price range.