copter pics

barefoot bob

another day another doughnut sure is fun !!!

Hey aren't you supposed to be using the water truck to keep the dust down instead of taking these pics? Must be a government job:)

Hey aren't you supposed to be using the water truck to keep the dust down instead of taking these pics? Must be a government job:)

lol your right !!the sky crane we do not get directly under, we go in, blow down the area, and then we back off. that machine will pick up boards and throw them at you from the rotor wash ,espeacially when it starts biteing air to lift a tower. the 2 real dusty pics are what happens when they get in a hurry and dont let us blow down the sight. i was over 10 miles away . when they called it. and no one was in position, they had to abort that setting cause the dust got real bad. this paticuler copter/pilot is the one that dropped 2 towers. Im in radio contact with the copter but because of the canyon we couldnt hear each other and he went for the set. :undecided: i rolled up just as he tried to set with no water. the other pics is the set with a blow down. :dunno:

the little yellow copter is the spotter. thats whisper he is an exvietnam copter pilot, the dude is incredible. he picks up linemen and drops them off on top of those towers. and picks them back up. lol whisper somtimes gets board and he will put tha copter 50' in front of you at eye level and fly backwards and watch you drive lol the dudes a nut !! i think he is awsome !!!

Edited by barefoot bob