That's one big pipe!

dunefreak

No not that kind of pipe. :crackhead:

I thought it was interesting so I figured I'd share.

A few months back I was going out on a dual sport ride and came upon this giant oversize tractor setup for some big ole, heavy pipe. It was crazy big! The pictures do no justice to the size of everything. There was a truck behind to push, stop, and/or help steer the oversized setup. Check it out.

post-3-0-35700200-1322802312_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-02069500-1322802313_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-62977500-1322802313_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-21174200-1322802314_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-83905200-1322802314_thumb.jpg

dood, I was just reading about this. It's being delivered to the Cheech and Chong compound in Nevada. When completed it's going to be in the Gonja book of hendertucky records for biggest piece with the biggest carb. :crackhead:

There's a request for screen door donations at cheechandbong.chong that enters you in a drawing for 1 of 46 3oz bags of hash that should last you over a week. :headbang1:

I was going to bogart all this info but since it already got posted I figured WTH I'll share with my fellow DDR foolios.

Sorry Pete. :nuts: I NEED SOME EFFIN' SAND SOON mAng. :punk:

help a dog? :undecided:

That was actually headed to the copper smelter where I work LOL. It is the center section of an anode barrel. Molten copper is refined in it and then poured into 99.9% pure copper anodes that weigh about 800 pounds each. That thing is definately a beast.

Edited by RJ65

That was actually headed to the copper smelter where I work LOL. It is the center section of an anode barrel. Molten copper is refined in it and then poured into 99.9% pure copper anodes that weigh about 800 pounds each. That thing is definately a beast.

I should add that this is the shell. It will be lined with 24 inch brick before being put in service. You saw it way early in it's trip lol.

wow! What are the odds? hahaa

That's way cool. Dude, my wife would pay money for a tour of your work. Me too actually. That sounds badass. Any chance you could make that happen? :laughing: Sounds really cool.

Ya, I couldnt believe it when I opened this thread and it was our barrel LOL. I wish I could take you two on a tour. It is pretty interesting up there. 2300 degree molten metal,flames, sparks, smoke. Kind of like a rock video on steroids LOL. Back in the day they used to give tours of our area plus the open pit mine. Now it is limited to corporate types and once a year they bring the school kids thru in buses as part of a safety program the company does in the local grade schools. I will try to find some pics to post up.