megasand trans issue. Help...

sandmandan

Hey there. Riding around Dumont, last trip, I managed to stick my rail on a small razorback that I didn't see in time. When we got it out, all seemed well, when I tried to shift into 4th, nothing. Nothing at all, no noise, no grinding, nothing. All the other gears are fine. No noise at all. I drove it for several other runs and everything seems fine, just nothing where 4th should be.

I have pbs cable shift, but it seems like it is moving correctly???

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I am in Northern Ca and if you know of someone up here that works on sand trans, please let me know. Heading to Oregon, for 2 weeks, late July so need to get her back on the road, or sand.

Thanks,

Dan

• 3 months later...

When trying to get the car out from being stuck, the main shaft, in the transmission, snapped cleanly between 3rd and 4th gear. Took a while to find the parts, but they are on the way and the car will be back on the sand. We just worked out work, and kids, to make it to Dumont for Thanksgiving. Second year in a row, so I guess it is now a tradition. The car missed the trip to Oregon and 2 trips to Pismo. Luckily, I love riding my quad too. See you all there soon.

• Like 1