Short Story Easter Trip

sandawg

Went to Dumont early Tuesday of last week and stayed through today. Went with two friends from Calif. Rocket and Booster weren't able to come. Had some super rides on Wed. and Thursday before the dunes got torn up Friday and the weekend. Thanks to the wind on Sunday the dunes cleared up and it was good riding on Monday.

I did have an issue with my ignition system on the rail so spent quite a bit of time riding around in the Rhino.

The high point of the weekend was meeting Chris and Holley who post occationally on here. They were by themselves so we invited them to join our camp. Good people and fun to be around. Their rail with the new V6 runs well. They are neighbors from Henderson.

Nice week trip for sure. Sorry I missed finding you Jodi and Adam. I did look!

Sorry to hear about the buggy issue, Pat. Sounds like you still had a good trip regardless. That's great Chris's new motor is up and running good. He's been fighting some small but frustrating issues with it lately.

How were the daytime temps? Upwards of the 90's I would guess?

Yes it ran well. He wants to turbo it now. The ign. issue was a real surprize to me. Thank Gawd I always take the Rhino too.

It did approach the 90's one day but it was not intolerable. Still rode and had fun. At times I wish I had stuck with a regular ign. cause I always had an extra point set, rotor and cap.......Oh well!

I didn't see it as crowded as Jodi did. It was a good crowd for an Easter weekend but certainly not as full as other holidays.