Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

i Had use a Tent once in Dumont. It was an experience to this day I will never forget. Dumont is well known of 50MPH wind at night and imagine sleeping in a Tent which is actually a like a parachute. I had me and my Brother along with an Ice Chest Full of Beer and a Tool Box about 75 Lbs. We called it a night and hopped in the tent. Well I cannot say we slept we woke up the next morning about 100 yards from my Truck and trailer. Ever since I will sleep in my truck if out alone but that night I knew I had to have a Hauler.

As they say a Day at Dumont is better than any day at work or sitting at home.

Have Fun. :MBdance::MBdance::MBdance::MBdance:

  • Like 1
Posted

Yeah my wife and I slept in a tent once when she was 6 months pregnant. We left and immediately bought a motorhome lol. The whole night the top of the tent was in our faces and she thought we were flying through the air. Tie yourself to your truck or someones to keep you in the camp.

Posted

Yeeeessss!!! I scored a toy hauler, all of your guys horror stories almost had my wife cancel my trip, so luckily I got a call back about a Toy Hauler. PS my wife said "aint no f*n way your gonna strap me to a truck" lol Thanks for all of the replies

  • Like 1
Posted

She would have changed her mind when the wind started and she started to be blown away. Then she would be begging to be strapped to a truck lol

Posted

I've tented it many times out there. luckily, never when the winds were at hurricane force, but definitely on weekends with 20-30 mph sustained. Still always had a good time, because its the experience of just being out there, not laying around at home wondering what the hell were going to do for the weekend.

Posted

Exactly. My wife was 6 months pregnant and it was her first time out there. She had a blast. She did however say that we had to get a motorhome before we go back and when we left we went straight over and bought one. It is the experience and relaxation. If I stay home I worry about bills, cleaning, errands, fixing stuff around the house, etc. Just the day to day stuff and never have a chance to relax. Thats what its all about. I'm fine with sleeping in the bed of my truck but my wife says no lol.

Posted

@nwtdiesel, Past your camp all weekend long, seen your rig and camper. I must say very clean set up.We had a blast in our little amigo, got stuck a few times but found a lot of nice people willing to give a helping hand without even asking. Glad to see there is a lot of people out there that like playing in the dirt as much as I do.

  • Like 1
Posted

Thanks! Should have stopped in for a cold Pepsi or water. We pulled a few people out this weekend and I got pulled a couple times. The people out there (most of them) are great!

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...