Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I just bought a new to me 32' 5er. I'm in the process of getting a new ram 3500 diesel 4 wheel drive. I plan to tow doubles with my flatbed with my toys on it. I've seen this done many times at dumont and have read about this alot. A few people on some forums have said not to do it because the frame of the camper won't support the weight of the second trailer and till pull floor away from the walls. Anyone have experience with this or do I just need to build a new subframe to put the hitch on?

Edited by ngoodey
Posted

what are the basics for towing double in nevada and cali? thought it was 28'+ fifth wheel and tag trailer had to have brakes? what max length? and what license? last time i was at little sahara utah seemed like everyone towed doubles

Posted

Cali is 65 ft total length regardless of combination, then there is the total weight issue, it also require a Class A license. Having said all that I double towed a 5er and boat for a couple of years with no hassles. Risk vs Gain I suppose!

Posted

If you live in Nevada you have to go by what Nevada DMV rules are for drivers license to pull doubles. If you live In California you must have a Class A License with a doubles indorsement

with medical card. All axles must have brakes. If both trailers are less than 28.6 feet you can go 75 feet. For a combination with the 1st trailer longer than 28.6 I'am not sure on the length but will try and find it.

Posted

The legality isn't what I'm worried about. Just don't want to tear up my new 5er. How heavy were the boats you towed? I'm looking at about 5k total for second trailer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...