Looking for info on 4.50x15 rib tires

ntrsandman

I would like to get single rib tires for the front. I have STU 4.50x15 smoothees now. Would like a little more control when turning in sand. (duh) Anyway, I have seen a tire called "sand viper" and just wondering if anyone has any experience with them or have a suggestion. I am not thrilled about putting farm implement tires on. I would think they are heavy. Anyway, it seems that the choices are few and far between for a rib tire this size. I would appreciate any info. :laughing:

Edited by ntrsandman

I ran the Sand Vipers on my rail a while back. I liked them at high speeds. They seemd to turn better and track straighter, but at lower speeds they tend to push more. Then again my car reacts much different that most since it is chain driven w/ no diff. I recently put the implements back on and I think I am gonna stick with those. They tend to throw less sand up in your face and all in all work great. :beercheers:

w/ the Sand Vipers...

post-3-1162959678.jpg

w/ the implements...

post-3-1162959814.jpg

I have never ran tubes in my implements. I did have to put some tire sealer in once, but since then I haven't had a problem with them losing any air. :D

I didn't really think there was much of a weight difference if at all with the two. I believe they are about the same.