Honda 500 motor in the 450 chassis/frame

Ross and Alice

It's a really cool swap.

A 500 motor with lots of snap, into a light 450 frame with good geometry and feel.

I bumped into three guys in Paradise at Gordons Well and they had it done at a specialty shop in Orange County.

They said this shop is Da Kine place to have it done.

They were all Three Stooges slapin' each others face happy with the results.

A friend is seriously interested in this, and us being quad-ers, I didn't catch where it was done.

Thanks if anyone knows,,

If your talking about a quad I'm not sure who does it but Service Honda does the CR500 motor in a CR250 frame. You could call them to see if they can do a quad if thats what your looking to do.

Heres a link to Service Honda

I talked to them and they told me that they use a prototype 125 frame that isnt on the market. :huh:

I was (maybe am) going to do this with my 500 because i have a 03' crf450 rolling chassis.

• 1 month later...

My 2 cents.....don't do, I put a 89 CR500 motor in a 86 trx250r frame, spent over $10 k, rebuilt entire motor and chassis from ground up, thing vibrated better than any of my wife's toys! You couldn't ride it any longer than 15 minutes. Tons of power but CR's don't have a counterbalancer on the crank, just isn't the best combo. I wish I would have tried an XR650 instead, that would have been smooth.

THE BOMB