Fish Lake Valley, Nv.

iweb

Anyone hear the ads on the radio about land for sale in Fish Lake Valley? Snow capped mountains, trout filled streams, etc. I am staking the powerline for the 1300 ac. subdivision so if you have any questions let me know. I spent 3 days last week and 4 days this week and I am about 1/2 done. There is like 6-7 miles of power line to design and stake and all the freakin roads and lot lines are curves, angles, washes, etc. We lost a staker at work so I am doing this by myself so its taking a little longer. Nice weather, about 30 degrees in the mornings with a 20 mph wind, then in the afternoons in the 70's which feels like 100. Only fun part is I use the Co. Polaris to stake and gps the pole locations so that's ok for an old piece of crap quad.

I would say to check into the real cost of well and septic, that seems to be the big issue. Power will be up to $7,000 or more depending on how far from the road you want your meter.

My father in law and I were thinking of going up there and checking it out untill my wife's boss went to check it out...he said its a joke.

Most of the land that is for sale is on a mountain side and you would have to carve it out to build anything.

I don't even know what they are selling for, heard some very outrageous rumors for the upper lots. I would have to say check out the water/septic cost and availablility thing and see if you think it would be a problem for future buyers if you are looking for an investment. I went to the sales office today to meet the owner and have lunch but she was over an hr out so I left and came home. Be sure and check the lot that you are looking at, I had trouble with lot numbers, lot lines, lot numbers on stakes, etc up there and thats what I do. I worked in snow, sleet, rain, and about 20 mph winds today reminded me of the old Alaska days except that I didn't have the proper cold weather gear. Thought I froze my butt off but I checked when I got home and its still there.