Anyone have a backhoe in Duck Creek?

iweb

Anyone have a backhoe in Swains Creek area that could dig a 90' waterline trench and install/connect it all to a hydrant?

Goodluck with that one Jerry!! I looked and asked around for about 4 months when i was doing the septic...its hard to find anyone up there with any time or that will commit to doing any work..and I am talking no matter how much you offer to pay they still seem to be too busy :beercheers:

I know russ (formerly from Pahrump valley electric) was renting them out of his hardware store up there...dont know if he still does or not, but worth a try :thumb:

Yea at Swains there is a bulletin board with a dozen or so contractors names to dig water lines and they are all too busy. I will check with the hardware store about renting one. I see a bunch of them parked on peoples lots but no one home. Even saw two on a lot in Strawberry and there were 2 S. Nevada Paving pickup trucks there. I even talked to a dirt guy up there about me buying a backhoe and having a business up there full time be he scared me with the getting a contractor lic info. But he did offer me a job running one of his!

there is a guy named Arny over in the mammoth creek area that has one for hire but he is so buissy it like pulling teeth to get him to come do the work...

Arny did my friends..he was sloooooooooooow getting it done, as a matter of fact it still isnt completely finished

Yea at Swains there is a bulletin board with a dozen or so contractors names to dig water lines and they are all too busy. I will check with the hardware store about renting one. I see a bunch of them parked on peoples lots but no one home. Even saw two on a lot in Strawberry and there were 2 S. Nevada Paving pickup trucks there. I even talked to a dirt guy up there about me buying a backhoe and having a business up there full time be he scared me with the getting a contractor lic info. But he did offer me a job running one of his!

He did exactly what he was trying to do - scare you - It does not take much of anything except a little time to get a license, especially if under 100K.

Fill out the intimidating, but basic application. Show a financial statement, just so they make the right decision and not give it to someone that is unstable. Take a test on management skills and trade. Get assigned a bond amount, and get the bond. Get general liability. Get workmans comp - yep you need it even if your a owner/operator for subcontract jobs. Go get the work.....

He did exactly what he was trying to do - scare you - It does not take much of anything except a little time to get a license, especially if under 100K.

Fill out the intimidating, but basic application. Show a financial statement, just so they make the right decision and not give it to someone that is unstable. Take a test on management skills and trade. Get assigned a bond amount, and get the bond. Get general liability. Get workmans comp - yep you need it even if your a owner/operator for subcontract jobs. Go get the work.....

He said I needed 2 or 4 years of pay stubs working in the exact area that I wanted a lic for and he just got his full lic to do everything and it took him 8 months and alot of money. True or false on the pay stubs?

He said I needed 2 or 4 years of pay stubs working in the exact area that I wanted a lic for and he just got his full lic to do everything and it took him 8 months and alot of money. True or false on the pay stubs?

Just get a part time job at the hardware store up there for 8 months.. :laughing:

Arny did my friends..he was sloooooooooooow getting it done, as a matter of fact it still isnt completely finished

We payed him to come grade our drive way and he still hasn't showed up. I ended up hauling up a bobcat and doing it my self about 8 months ago. now its been a fight to get my money bake. thats why I said it was like pulling teeth...

We payed him to come grade our drive way and he still hasn't showed up. I ended up hauling up a bobcat and doing it my self about 8 months ago. now its been a fight to get my money bake. thats why I said it was like pulling teeth...

MY friend paid him also and he hasnt finished his 2nd septic...that was last year :laughing:

I am going to look into renting a backhoe, I can do that but have never used the water line that is at the water meter, has anyone done that or know how? I saw a roll of blue plastic pipe and some compression fittings at the hardware store so I assume that is what is used?

2-4 Years of experiance in the nature of the business. About 3K for the fees, school, bond, insurance, etc

I had a contractor do my line at my place. His name is Jim Barbeu (Barbow). His number is:

435-682-2606 or his cell 435-616-2606. He is a very good guy and very quick at getting the job done and done right! He is very well priced.

I had a contractor do my line at my place. His name is Jim Barbeu (Barbow). His number is:

435-682-2606 or his cell 435-616-2606. He is a very good guy and very quick at getting the job done and done right! He is very well priced.

Jim is a good guy...last time we checked last year he was backed up, he got the contract for duck creeck water lines so he was way backed up :clap: