banshee prob. help!

bubba13

i got a 97 banshee i have been having prob with it lately it runs fine but at low rpm it bogs down and u have to push or pull it with a car to start it it wont start by kicking it i have change the jets new plugs just rebuilt the motor it has a new wiring harness also has a coolhead any help? :clap:

Hey Bubba,

I had an 87' banshee that had problems starting just like yours. Ran great too.

I changed thing after thing, then finally I replaced the CDI box and Boo-Ya. :laughoff:

If they have the same system and you haven't swapped it out, It's an easy check. Try-it.

Good luck. :clap:

R-

i tryed a cdi but no diff. its like if you dont keep reving it if u let the rpm get low it bogs and dies out then u have to pull start it ..hmmm i thought it might be the carbs :clap::laughoff: :dance:

i tryed a cdi but no diff. its like if you dont keep reving it if u let the rpm get low it bogs and dies out then u have to pull start it ..hmmm i thought it might be the carbs :clap::laughoff: :dance:

Sounds like you are flooding it out. It might be set too fat in the low end. I would try dropping the needles down one setting and see how that does. (Down one setting is up on the needle) Other issue could be too lean in the bottom cuasing it to run out of gas at idle. If that is the case, maybe pull the needle up one setting. Let me know if this helps.

PM me if you need any help.

they took care of me on my quad bought me new cases and reasembled with no charge nuthing bad to say just took a lil to long but was well worth the wait thanks guys from atv cycle shop bike runs great i would take your banshee to them great servise....

Edited by evilbeaver