Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

You sure do like to ride mine a lot! :woo_hoo:

:blink: I corrected myself on my next post...I like my bike better than a stock YFZ, your YFZ is a Cadillac.

:beercheers: Suspension and some other minor mods :driver:

I wasn't totally thrilled with my bike when I got it, but now :laughing:

Posted

:blink: I corrected myself on my next post...I like my bike better than a stock YFZ, your YFZ is a Cadillac.

:woo_hoo: Suspension and some other minor mods :driver:

I wasn't totally thrilled with my bike when I got it, but now :laughing:

:beercheers: ..

Posted

Chris hook up with SinCity450 and give his a shot since he is willing to let you ride it. That would be a great test for you and if it is better for you do the shocks plus add a new seat and it will be a totally different bike.

Posted

:laughing: ..

No it's not :dope:

:blush: Suspension and some other minor mods :grin:

Chris hook up with SinCity450 and give his a shot since he is willing to let you ride it. That would be a great test for you and if it is better for you do the shocks plus add a new seat and it will be a totally different bike.

His bike :offtopic: I ride it all the time. You can ride mine too if you want :ahhhhh: since they are on the same trailer.

Posted

No it's not :dope:

His bike :offtopic: I ride it all the time. You can ride mine too if you want :laughing: since they are on the same trailer.

so how is you riding someone else's quad anything to do with chris's topic of if he should trade :laughing: :ahhhhh: :blush: :grin::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::laughing: any ways ,,,,,hey any new news chris?

Posted (edited)

hey chris :dope:

from craigslist

This is 2006 Yamaha Raptor 700R. It is super clean with very low hours. I am selling it because I just dont use it. It just sits in the garage. It has a new oil change on it and it is ready for riding. NOT A SCRATCH ON IT!! I have priced it for a quick sell at $5699 OBO. I have the title and all paperwork in hand. This is a really nice fourwheeler that is in excellent (like new) condition. My loss your gain. Please give Dustin a call at 702-279-5692. Thanks for looking

Edited by OFFROADRACER
Posted

so how is you riding someone else's quad anything to do with chris's topic of if he should trade :offtopic::laughing: :ahhhhh: :blush: :grin::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: any ways ,,,,,hey any new news chris?

:laughing: Is this better?

Test ride some other bikes such as a...

YFZ with awesome suspension so you can see what you are able to do to your bike and if that would be acceptable to your needs...

stock Raptor 700 to see what you are getting straight off the floor and even better if you can ride one with some mods that you might have considered doing anyway...

Any other bike you think might be what you are looking for :laughing:

You don't live too far from me, so SinCity450 and I could work something out with you if you are interested.

:dope:

Posted (edited)

a 450 is a 450

IMO they are all about the same

they r meant 2 be kind of stiff and set up 4 the track so if u want something more versatile, definitely get the 700

i have a LTR450 and my dad has a Raptor 700

my 450 is a bit more exciting, but the 700 rides like a Cadillac and it can stay up there with my 450

Edited by Gazlay43
Posted

Excellent help everyone, Thanks.....Thank you Foxysandchick and Sincity450 for the offer ! I am going to reconsider the shocks and seat unless I can get someone to do a swap for the Raptor 700. I will wait a few weeks more, then start the shock and seat process. Mineurbiz, and cdavego both swear by the "ELKA" shocks, is this all I have to select from, or is this just top of the line ???? :bs:

Posted

hey chris :bs:

from craigslist

This is 2006 Yamaha Raptor 700R. It is super clean with very low hours. I am selling it because I just dont use it. It just sits in the garage. It has a new oil change on it and it is ready for riding. NOT A SCRATCH ON IT!! I have priced it for a quick sell at $5699 OBO. I have the title and all paperwork in hand. This is a really nice fourwheeler that is in excellent (like new) condition. My loss your gain. Please give Dustin a call at 702-279-5692. Thanks for looking

Thanks Ed ! I get a little leary about how ligit someone is when the put the 99 at the end of a price, like I am waiting for the sales tax and destination charges too. But I saw this add, and it has been there awhile. I have to sell this quad first before I can purchase another. Unless I can finance.

Posted

Excellent help everyone, Thanks.....Thank you Foxysandchick and Sincity450 for the offer ! I am going to reconsider the shocks and seat unless I can get someone to do a swap for the Raptor 700. I will wait a few weeks more, then start the shock and seat process. Mineurbiz, and cdavego both swear by the "ELKA" shocks, is this all I have to select from, or is this just top of the line ???? :bs:

I would go Elka and only Elka! You could always go with Fox :bs: , Works, ohlins, and so on... IMO go with only the best. Like I said before, hit me up (824-5560) I will let you ride my bike whenever! I'm not trying to persuade you one way or another just want you to know the difference before you make your decision. I also got +2 A-arms and that makes it a little different from stock trim, but vary forgiving on the rough crap!

John....

Posted

Thanks Ed ! I get a little leary about how ligit someone is when the put the 99 at the end of a price, like I am waiting for the sales tax and destination charges too. But I saw this add, and it has been there awhile. I have to sell this quad first before I can purchase another. Unless I can finance.

i noticed this guy has 2 on there a yellow and a white he keeps lowering them... :bs: as for the shocks ...elka's are sweet one of the best kinda spendy but they will be a plus :bs:

Posted

Excellent help everyone, Thanks.....Thank you Foxysandchick and Sincity450 for the offer ! I am going to reconsider the shocks and seat unless I can get someone to do a swap for the Raptor 700. I will wait a few weeks more, then start the shock and seat process. Mineurbiz, and cdavego both swear by the "ELKA" shocks, is this all I have to select from, or is this just top of the line ???? :bs:

Elka's or a great shock, there are more to choose from, but the company backs there product and has come great tech support. TCS, Ohlins, Custom Axis, Works, Fox all make a good product also. I just prefer Elka second would be either Axis or TCS.

Chris hookup with SinCity450 then your mind might already be made up.

Posted

I am pretty sure you can re-valve the newer shocks on all the "race" quads. Probably alot less expensive than the aftermarket set up's. However, you can only do so much. Unlike the aftermarket set up's the factory shocks cannot be re-sprung.

I personally am a fan of PEP products. And they will custom make for you. IE: riding style, weight, experience, etc.

I would never trade a true 450 race quad for a dual sport quad. IMO

Posted

I am pretty sure you can re-valve the newer shocks on all the "race" quads. Probably alot less expensive than the aftermarket set up's. However, you can only do so much. Unlike the aftermarket set up's the factory shocks cannot be re-sprung.

I personally am a fan of PEP products. And they will custom make for you. IE: riding style, weight, experience, etc.

I would never trade a true 450 race quad for a dual sport quad. IMO

Start to have back broblems...you will change your mind..that or go through some serious loritabs :dope:

Posted

I personally am a fan of PEP products. And they will custom make for you. IE: riding style, weight, experience, etc.

All the big boys in the game build them for your riding style Elka, PEP, Axis, TCS.

Posted

Start to have back broblems...you will change your mind..that or go through some serious loritabs :dope:

I have two blown discs in my back as we speak. A quad or dirt bike set up properly highly reduces a lot of those associated issues. I ride two wheels anyway. I don't ride a quad unless it is a nightride or we are putting to the hill.

Posted

All the big boys in the game build them for your riding style Elka, PEP, Axis, TCS.

I am perfectly aware of that. Do any of those other manufacturers have a shop in Pomona? Do they work directly with factory race teams like Hinson Racing? Are they involved in product R&D before units hit the market. They might well be, but for my money, I am going where I know all these items to be factual.

Thanks for the info!

Posted

I have two blown discs in my back as we speak. A quad or dirt bike set up properly highly reduces a lot of those associated issues. I ride two wheels anyway. I don't ride a quad unless it is a nightride or we are putting to the hill.

I agree to an extent shocks would be good I raced offroad for 7 years and dindt have 1 problem with my back..got on my 450 for a weekend and felt :laughing: for a week :laughing:

Posted

The Final Outcome

I met up with a guy named Clay, he was super cool :laughing:! He comes over drops off the TRX 450 and says I will back at 8:00, just ride it, see how you like it....I was thinking "Alright". I have never met Clay before, and had met him off of Craigs List..I thought that was way trusting. Anyway back to the point...i rode the TRX, and then rode my YFZ and honestly it is apples to apples....neither of them was comfortable, and neither had a difference in suspension. So I chose "NOT"...but thanks to Clay for allowing me to keep his bike and give it a whirl while he was away. I will worry about all of this before riding season. Thanks for everyones input . :beercheers:

Posted

My dad just bought a new Raptor 700 on monday!!!! He had a 660 but wanted the fuel injection and he is very happy. But I am glad that you got to ride the TRX now at least you wont wonder.

Posted

:shout: 700 raptor..j/k chris :laughing: I know you want to get rid of the 450 first

The LTR450 is the smoothest ride i have been on from the 450's, i softened up my shocks and it rides real nice, the YFZ is RIDICOLOUS in the suspension department and need to be revamped..

Posted

have you checked into the can am ds450??

:laughing:

Sorry Richard, but that thing is :ban-split: I am sure it will be a good bike, but it is ugly as heck to me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...