Body shop for RV's

racegirl04

Hey guys! We are looking for a body shop for our toyhauler. I've tried looking in the yellow pages, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. It has aluminum sides and one side has to be stripped off..and replaced. If I can't find a shop here in town, we have to take it to Weekend Warrior in Upland, California and they're not gonna help with the fuel bill. Anyone know of any body shops who work on 5th wheels and trailers?

Try Johnny walkers RV on Boulder Highway near Flamingo. That's where mine is going.

I called them, they said since they don't carry the Weekend Warrior line, unless they are given a credit card number, they won't work on it. They are worried since it is warranty work, they won't get paid by WW. I went ahead and made an appointment at the Upland, Ca service facility (August 7th, if you can believe that) and will keep looking here in town. I'm going to try Pete's recommendation first and then........?

It's actually at Wheeler's right now, but we were informed the other day that their body guy doesn't feel comfortable with doing the work that it needs. WTF! I'm so pissed! I don't know if they're just being lazy or what?

It's actually at Wheeler's right now, but we were informed the other day that their body guy doesn't feel comfortable with doing the work that it needs. WTF! I'm so pissed! I don't know if they're just being lazy or what?

I heard the bodyshop manager quit 1 week ago so they might be shor thanded , butthey just changed the siding on my rear door of my WW it was warranty but they changed out the panels :thumb:

Hey guys! We are looking for a body shop for our toyhauler. I've tried looking in the yellow pages, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. It has aluminum sides and one side has to be stripped off..and replaced. If I can't find a shop here in town, we have to take it to Weekend Warrior in Upland, California and they're not gonna help with the fuel bill. Anyone know of any body shops who work on 5th wheels and trailers?

Lisa how big a piece does it need? I am checking with DKRV (I know the new service mgr) and will have an answer in the morning for ya they may be able to do it for you guys..

Edited by OFFROADRACER

It bubbled out while we were on vacation and my husband was worried it was going to come apart while driving down the road, so he added screws to about 6 panels. Wheeler's said the siding is separating from the trailer itself. I know the panels have to ordered from WW in California (because of the graphics) I just don't know why Wheeler's doesn't want to do it

It bubbled out while we were on vacation and my husband was worried it was going to come apart while driving down the road, so he added screws to about 6 panels. Wheeler's said the siding is separating from the trailer itself. I know the panels have to ordered from WW in California (because of the graphics) I just don't know why Wheeler's doesn't want to do it

OH O.K....I dont know why wheelers dont want to do it either :thumb: it might be a good thing they would have it forever doing the job :thumb: , the graphics are same as mine, billet edition, they are seperate but they ordered my graphics and had them in a week, the panels come plain white , they have to put the graphics on them.I will let you know tomarrow if they can help you out at DKRV.

I heard the bodyshop manager quit 1 week ago so they might be shor thanded

We picked this trailer up in October of '05 and we have had problems since then with the service department. Everytime we would go in for work, the person we were dealing with from the last time was no longer there. Sometimes, while it was in for service, our advisor would quit and then you couldn't get anyone to call us back. It would be in there for 3-4 weeks at a time and when we would get it back, some things were exactly the same as when we dropped it off :thumb: But without another WW dealer in town, we are kinda at their mercy.

I heard the bodyshop manager quit 1 week ago so they might be shor thanded

We picked this trailer up in October of '05 and we have had problems since then with the service department. Everytime we would go in for work, the person we were dealing with from the last time was no longer there. Sometimes, while it was in for service, our advisor would quit and then you couldn't get anyone to call us back. It would be in there for 3-4 weeks at a time and when we would get it back, some things were exactly the same as when we dropped it off :banghead: But without another WW dealer in town, we are kinda at their mercy.

I had the same problem with Wheelers. I finally called Weekend Warrior direct. They informed that ANYBODY can do warranty work (well shop wise) as long as they get authorization first. So I recomend calling Weekend Warrior tell them about Wheelers, and ask for a local shop OTHER than them. They gave me one, and I cant find it, but if I do I will re-post

I had the same problem with Wheelers. I finally called Weekend Warrior direct. They informed that ANYBODY can do warranty work (well shop wise) as long as they get authorization first. So I recomend calling Weekend Warrior tell them about Wheelers, and ask for a local shop OTHER than them. They gave me one, and I cant find it, but if I do I will re-post

Thats the only problem....finding a shop that will work on it if they didnt sell it.. :banghead:

Edited by OFFROADRACER

No I havent actually used them yet. Weekend Warrior recomended them to me.

I certainly will give them a try next time though. I just hate having my TH sit at there lot for months for something that should take 2 hours.

• 4 weeks later...