Digital Camera Help?

sand chick

So my old camera died :( I loved that camera, easy to use, very familar with it. Pretty much point and click. So what if it was five years old and out dated. It got the job done :blink:

My step mom is a photographer, so I called her up and suggested that a new camera would make a most excellent birthday present for Bob and I.

So she sends me our new camera. :laughoff:

Now I have attempted to read the manual a couple of differant times, BUT :laughing::laughoff: I think you need a computer tech degree to understand it. Cause I don't understand 1/2 of it.

I am hoping that maybe someone has the same camera and can maybe help out with all this extra stuff it has on it. It does have a "easy" set up, but I would like to try to use some of the extras.

Its a Panasonic DMC-LZ7 Lumix.

Thanks!! :D

We have that exact camera, and it isn't user friendly.

If I bought another camera, it'd be the easy to use Kodak.

Just getting the Panasonic eyepiece viewfinder to work is a PiTA.

First, charge the batteries.

Then set the top dial to A. You will usually accidently move the dial when you use the camera, so always first re-check that it is on A.

Turn the camera on.

Then look up how to set the switch to get the viewfinder to work. Remember how because ya always seem to have to turn the viewfinder back on. It sucks.

Then use the telephoto switch to frame the shot.

Point and shoot.

Forget all the other features.

Dumontvalentinesdayweekend008.jpg

Taken with Panasonic DMC-LZ7 Lumix.

Edited by Duneraider

I goto the Fuji F40 and the camera is awesome.... 8mp takes awesome pictures. most of the pictuers in my vacation thread were taken with that camera. I have been very very impressed with it. In auto mode it takes awesome pictures. Very fast shutter speed. and with some good SD memory or XD memory iti goes very fast. I use SanDisk Ultra 1gb SD cards and my camera is veryfast. I am very thrilled with the purchase. I got mine due to my camera taking a snow nap when i was in chicago.

This used to be a helpful link, they may have changed that:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/store...000000000005702

If your old camera was an Olympus, you can send it to them and they'll usually fix it free.

Not always, but quite often.

What kills most Olympus cameras is a super tiny micro switch on the card door, or the door itself.

Olympus makes either really excellent stuff, or complete junk, so they tend to fix stuff free that isn't abused.

Anyone buying a camera, always have an eyepiece in addition to the screen on the back.

The eyepiece is essential for accurate shots or bright day shots.

Edited by Duneraider