Diesels......what kind of mpg you guys getting dry?

2006 Dodge w/Cummins stock except 3" lift and 34" tires:

Purchased in April. Have run about 6,000 miles. Averaged 17.2 MPG... thats towing, highway, and around town.

:freakin_nuts: :freakin_nuts: :barf::barf::barf::lol:

Way better than the 8.1 in the 2500HD. 10 hwy, 8 around town, 4/5 towing. :lol::blink::blink:

yeah, those 8.1's, though powerful, sucked the fuel down like a drunk that's been sober for 6 months

• 2 weeks later...

:idiot::thumbsdown:

Hey Capt...how many miles you have on your truck?

i am right at 40,000 miles or so, bs or not its what it is which part dont ya believe? i also have a tune that is 500 at the wheels that on a 4x4 truck can get upper 12's in the qrtr mile, with just a tune suppose thats not possible either with just a tune that is added to the ecm? ask and i will edumacatum you :D

and remember pete MY DURAMAX WILL BEAT YOUR DURAMAX HAHAHAHAH :laughoff::laughoff:

Capt

http://mcratracing.com/k/1101mcrat.wmv check that out pete

diesel only lol this guy is my idol!! rememberalmost anything is possible with a duramax even good milage.(if you would have asked me about milage about a month ago i woulda saud it wasnt possible but after getting a great tune from a member of tdp and mcrat racing i get great milage.)

Capt

i am right at 40,000 miles or so, bs or not its what it is which part dont ya believe? i also have a tune that is 500 at the wheels that on a 4x4 truck can get upper 12's in the qrtr mile, with just a tune suppose thats not possible either with just a tune that is added to the ecm? ask and i will edumacatum you :D

and remember pete MY DURAMAX WILL BEAT YOUR DURAMAX HAHAHAHAH :lol::loser:

Capt

I was just messin with ya with the whole :lol: guy. :thumbsdown::idiot: HOWEVER, if you ever crack a piston I can edumacate you on how GM won't warranty it. :laughoff:

And I don't care who's truck can beat mine. Most others probably can cause they have more chit into theirs. I don't care. My truck is pretty much stock. It only has exhaust and a mild programmer on it. I didn't buy a 1 ton truck to race. It's to haul my toys out to the dunes.

http://mcratracing.com/k/1101mcrat.wmv check that out pete

diesel only lol this guy is my idol!! rememberalmost anything is possible with a duramax even good milage.(if you would have asked me about milage about a month ago i woulda saud it wasnt possible but after getting a great tune from a member of tdp and mcrat racing i get great milage.)

Capt

great...so what? Why are you trying to prove stuff to me that I already know of. :dunno::laughoff:

I was just messin with ya with the whole :lol: guy. :thumbsdown::dunno: HOWEVER, if you ever crack a piston I can edumacate you on how GM won't warranty it. :laughoff:

And I don't care who's truck can beat mine. Most others probably can cause they have more chit into theirs. I don't care. My truck is pretty much stock. It only has exhaust and a mild programmer on it. I didn't buy a 1 ton truck to race. It's to haul my toys out to the dunes.

great...so what? Why are you trying to prove stuff to me that I already know of. :loser::laughoff:

gettin ur goat also lol. remember pete WHO LUVS YA BABY........ :D

btw its not hp thats breaks the piston its the extreme egt's that break things over 1700 f (not that other things havt broke pistons) but id rather have a broke piston than a

BROKE BACK MTN SITUATION :lol::lol:

OBTW AGAIN i bought my 2500 hd to tow the 5er also but i also bought it for its potential to play with. get ya dsp5 switch and drop your edge. you can program the dsp5 for stock, milage, race, valet, smoke, or anything you want EFI LIVE IS THE SHIAT!!!

:idiot:

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

gettin ur goat also lol. remember pete WHO LUVS YA BABY........ :D

btw its not hp thats breaks the piston its the extreme egt's that break things over 1700 f (not that other things havt broke pistons) but id rather have a broke piston than a

BROKE BACK MTN SITUATION :lol::lol:

OBTW AGAIN i bought my 2500 hd to tow the 5er also but i also bought it for its potential to play with. get ya dsp5 switch and drop your edge. you can program the dsp5 for stock, milage, race, valet, smoke, or anything you want EFI LIVE IS THE SHIAT!!!

:lol:

Capt

:lol: wtf? :laughoff:

Please educate me more on how these pistons break? :loser::laughoff::idiot::dunno:

BTW, I only have a hypertech (on level 2), not an Edge. :thumbsdown:

sry bout that edge thing then lol im always on edge :D

hp has not been proven to break the diesel pistons yet just in theory. now a new motor with new piston on the track running clost to 700hp i believe cracked a piston or pistons from the extreme egt's not from hp. but like you said its still being debated. easy for gm to say it was from a programmer that runs what a hight tune of 120hp? o im sry you have just lost your warranty over a tune that not even pushed a moter even close to its limits? now with that 120 tune where are the egt's at the time of failure? i seen trucks run 600 hp without failure because they keep there egt's under control. most of the failures at the track that have been confirmed are from extremely high egt's not from hp.

unless of course there is other info gm has posted? lol they are like the govt. not to be trusted!!

on my overheat issues on my 05 lly dmax i took it in to the dealer( after i ran temps past the red on tranny and motor, with the warning from the dash ding ding also) they told me it was ok and it was normal not to worry about it. i seen the post that gm sent out and that is what it said( it was normal). so my trust in the engineers isnt that great.

and ill add 2 :thumbsdown::laughoff: to your 1 :laughoff:

Capt

hp has not been proven to break the diesel pistons yet just in theory. now a new motor with new piston on the track running clost to 700hp i believe cracked a piston or pistons from the extreme egt's not from hp. but like you said its still being debated. easy for gm to say it was from a programmer that runs what a hight tune of 120hp? o im sry you have just lost your warranty over a tune that not even pushed a moter even close to its limits? now with that 120 tune where are the egt's at the time of failure? i seen trucks run 600 hp without failure because they keep there egt's under control. most of the failures at the track that have been confirmed are from extremely high egt's not from hp.

unless of course there is other info gm has posted? lol they are like the govt. not to be trusted!!

There is a bulletin explaining how the programmers are causing engine damage "by altering air/fuel ratios and injector timing, resulting in excessive cylinder pressure and temperature".

I cannot post it all though due to GM copyright and company policy. :dunno:

I'm not gettin anymore into it because I have to go get ready for the dunes right now. :loser: See ya tonight. :thumbsdown::laughoff::laughoff::idiot: