My latest project:

Duneraider

Don't know if you know the difference between Air Conditioning and swamp coolers.

But A/C uses freon and a compressor, and the swamp cooler uses the evaporation of water to cool.

As wet and dry bulb temps (humidity) meet, swamp coolers don't work so good.

But in most desert areas, they work pretty good most the time.

Also, several RV swamp coolers have been on the market since the 1960's.

Most of them worked really crummy or not at all.

Poor design. Gave a very bad reputation to RV swamp coolers.

But an old guy that lived in Las Vegas, had a brainstorm and built an RV swamp cooler that worked very well.

It wasn't the old drip down the excellsior pad method, but a unique misting into a element system that was spectacular.

Damn it work'd and cooled great.

But:

He passed away,, his company folded and that was that.

So:

All the other RV swamp coolers on the marker were crap. They just don't work.

We were in Page Arizona at Lake Powell last month.

TurbokoolUnit.jpg

I saw a old jasper with a camper and a TURBOCOOL demo RV swamp cooler on the roof.

I check'd it out and it was cooling fantastic. I mean supurb. Opened the back door of his camper and was hit with a blast of cool air.

He had eventually bought the rights and molds to the old good working swamp cooler after the original guy passed away, and it's finally back in production.

Brother did it ever cool, and it worked quietly, and off the vehicles battery or optional solar panel.

Why we need it:

We camp all the time at Parker Arizona.

It's only 30 AMPs so we can only run one air conditioner in usually 105 to 112 deg F heat

The RV parks Voltage drops to brown out conditions, the A/C in everyones RV's barely cool.

It's not enough.

So, we're going to install the TURBOCOOL to supplement the RV's A/C. It hardly draws any power, and the 12V DC system, doesnt effect the main park power.

It draws just a few 12 VDC amps and may perhaps be a welcome improvement.

But the sticky days we'll have to stick it out we understand.

I've been an A/C contractor for 37 years, and have always been fascinated with the simplicity of them, but never used one myself.

So I'll snap some pix, and give a DDR report of the results.

Routing the water supply line up to the unit and 12 V electricity service will be the only hassles I figure.

They ain't cheap, they work intermittantly, but their application is unique to our problem.

Edited by Duneraider

Don't know if you know the difference between Air Conditioning and swamp coolers.

But A/C uses freon and a compressor, and the swamp cooler uses the evaporation of water to cool.

If humidity gets above 72%, swamp coolers don't work so good.

But in most desert areas, they work pretty good most the time.

Also, several RV swamp coolers have been on the market since the 1960's.

Most of them worked really crummy or not at all.

Poor design. Gave a very bad reputation to RV swamp coolers.

But an old guy that lived in Las Vegas, had a brainstrom and built an RV swamp cooler that worked very well.

It wasnt the drip down the excellsior, but a unique misting into a element system that was spectacular.

Damn it work'd and cooled great.

But:

He passed away,, his company folded and that was that.

So:

All the other RV swamp coolers on the marker were crap. They just don't work.

We were in Page Arizona at Lake Powell last month.

TurbokoolUnit.jpg

I saw a old jasper with a camper and a TURBOCOOL demo RV swamp cooler on the roof..

I check'd it out and it was cooling fantastic. I mean supurb.

He had eventually bought the rights and molds to the old good working swamp cooler after the original guy passed away, and it's finally back in production.

Brother did it ever cool, and it worked quietly, and off the vehicles battery or optional solar panel.

Why we need it:

We camp all the time at Parker Arizona.

It's only 30 AMPs so we can only run one air conditioner in usually 105 to 112 deg F heat

The RV parks Voltage drops to brown out conditions, the A/C in everyones RV's barely cool.

It's not enough.

So, we're going to install the TURBOCOOL to supplement the RV's A/C. It hardly draws any power, and the 12V DC system, doesnt effect the main park power.

It draws just a few 12 VDC amps and may perhaps be a welcome improvement.

So I'll snap some pix, and give a DDR report of the results.

They ain't cheap, but their application is unique to our problem.

Actually swamper start fading at about 30% humidity and are worthless at about 50%. But with the normal desert climate of 8-15%, they should work really well.