dune accident in Dubai

Richard Cheese

I work'd there for a short time when I got out of the Marines as a diesel plant operator/mechanic. Got the job through my dads company.

If you accidently kill somone as what could'a happened there, the restitution to the family is based of the victims nationality. That's all:

A local is about $30.000.

An Egyptian about $1.000

A Palestinian is about $300.

That's accidentally.

If on purpose, ya pay with your life.

The best middle east place to go duning is Jordan. Wife works with lots of cool Jordanians.

People are friendly towards Americans, zero crime, no rules or regs at all except don't hurt anyone, don't steal anything, or walk out on a tab, or drugs.

Thieves are considered rats with rabies. They have no feelings for them and are usually executed.

It's a Kingdom, with usually an American Queen (by marriage) & Princess' but they don't interfere with customs. Thieves are whacked within days of the crime.

The locals appear in the dunes outta no where and feed your group out of centuries old custom.

You pay them what you can.

You can leave your quads and stuff & wallet full of cash for years in the same spot. No one will touch it.

If you rent duning equipment, they'll bring it out, and ya simply drive back to the hotel at nite. Leave all the stuff at the dunes. It goes unmolested.

Then, when your trip is over, ya stop by the rental shop pay up, and they eventually go out and get it all.

Ya don't even have to tell them specifically (Just roughly) where ya left it. The locals all know.

Dunes sizes beyond your wildest dreams.

I'd love to organize a DDR Jordan trip.

It would be epic.

Ya gotta like to eat dates and a mid eastern type tortilla with blue cheese though.

And drink a fermented Honey Gatoraid kinda stuff that gives you a deluxe buzz, and makes ya "regular".

Edited by Duneraider