Hayabusa sand car

busasandboy

What kind of frame or car? Are you building yours from scratch?

I think I am running a 14 front and a 64 tooth rear. The tensioner is a large nylon adjuster. I can take pics if you need. Just let me know.

BTW, my car is a Short Sand Car.

Its a new Short car, I have 13 up front and 64 in rear but the chain is loose with the tensioner all the way up. may have to change sprocket not sure what to change, front or back?

Are you turbo charged?

I plan on running 8 lbs boost. any advise on turbos?

You can take the slack up one of two ways.

You can either run a one more tooth on the sprocket or you can get a larger diameter tensioner roller. I ran into this with my last car.

The chain was super stretched and then when I put a new one on, it was either way too tight or way too loose. I just went with a larger roller.

I'm not running a turbo. Mine is naturally aspirated and runs pretty damn good. Maybe one of these days I'll throw a turbo on, but I'm pretty happy with it now.

Here is the tensioner on my car now....

post-3-1188616357_thumb.jpg

Just call Larry. Tell him what size you have now and he can fab you up one slightly larger. I think my old one was about 1.5 inches in diameter and the new one I used was like maybe a little over 2 inches or so. It doesn't take too much to get the slack out of the chain.

They don't cost that much or take that long to ship from them either.

Larry & Nanette take good care of people.

You can take the slack up one of two ways.

You can either run a one more tooth on the sprocket or you can get a larger diameter tensioner roller. I ran into this with my last car.

The chain was super stretched and then when I put a new one on, it was either way too tight or way too loose. I just went with a larger roller.

I'm not running a turbo. Mine is naturally aspirated and runs pretty damn good. Maybe one of these days I'll throw a turbo on, but I'm pretty happy with it now.

Here is the tensioner on my car now....

post-3-1188616357_thumb.jpg

hey pete wash your rail !!!! and lube that chain :thumbsdown:

Edited by barefoot bob

I kept blowing through chain tensioners, plus they were loud too. So I started building my own drive carrier to eleminate the tensioner. The center hole is off center, so you loosen 2 pinch bolts on the housing and rotate the center which tightens the chain, just like a quad. Works great...

post-423-1188650220_thumb.jpg

post-423-1188650303_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshi

hey pete wash your rail !!!! and lube that chain :laughoff:

:blah: yeay yeah yeah. I knew someone would have to give me crap for that. At least mine runs right now. oooooooh :booty::laughing:

Think about it though. If I lube the chain, then the car will be more dirty around the chain area. :flipoff::laughing: I don't like to keep the chain that oiled because of that reason. It lasts about a season even without oiling it that much.

:blah: yeay yeah yeah. I knew someone would have to give me crap for that. At least mine runs right now. oooooooh :booty::laughing:

Think about it though. If I lube the chain, then the car will be more dirty around the chain area. :laughoff::laughing: I don't like to keep the chain that oiled because of that reason. It lasts about a season even without oiling it that much.

mines been running since thurs :P:flipoff::grin:

on a serious note: do you use like a dry silicant on the chain ??

and im guilty of leaving mine sit dirty too :blah:

Ckecked it out more closley today, found that I had a 12 tooth up front, tried a 16 to big... ordered up a 14 should work fine. Thanks for all the help

14 tooth huh, I would have gone up in the rear, dropped a tooth in the front and maybe removed a link, and/or bought a better chain so it wouldn't stretch so much. You will be lugging the motor more, and will notice it won't climb quite as good as it did before.

Here is a really good chain..

Tensile strength exceeds 17,000 pounds, there is nothng that can touch the strength of this bad boy..

http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/xp_extr...ance_chain.html

Edited by Yoshi