2500 hd gasser

DuNePrEd

hey just wondering what my limit would be with my gasser.

i currently don't own a hauler ,but am in the market for one.

the truck is in stock formation other than a 6" lift with 35s...i don't

want to go over my limit or even close to 80% of my capacity ....thanks

:eatdrink021:

not nearly enough!!!! you should just sell it and buy my dodge 3500 and fifth wheel :D

now to answer your question.. check your door sticker , just take the GCVWR (gross combined vehicle weight rating) and subtract the unladen weight of your truck

as an example: GCVWR 23000 lbs minus a vehicle weight of 8000 lbs would give you 15000 lbs to work with

as a side note, these ratings are mostly based on the slowing and stopping of all that weight. Since you have larger tires (increased rotational mass) your stopping distances are already increased from stock. Your 80% idea is probably a good one

hope that helps :eatdrink021:

ya keep in mind your final ratio 4:10s on 38s is close to a 3:70 to 1 gear ratio. you probably have a 3:70 to start with adding 35s will make it over driven ( you lose some grunt) also with a 23 or less you can probably get a way with d rated tires . just make sure if your using magnesium or aluminum wheels that there weight rating is at least comparable to your stock steel wheels. because your running a gasser on 35s i would seriously consider bumping your gear ratio to a 4:10 . its about 800.00 per ring and pinion. if your 2wd figure 800 bucks if your 4x4 figure 1600 bucks. hope this info helps :eatdrink021:

a call to the wheel manufacrurer will give you wheel specs. a quick glance at your tires theres a load range stamped in them example " load range d" or " load range e" you need to be in that neighbor hood on load range rating for pulling a trailer.

Edited by barefoot bob