how to make a crf450 faster?

Scadigan

just wondering what i could do to my bike to make it faster or just stand out more even though it is fast enough :D. but iv got some extra cash and saving some more and not sure what to get for my bike any ideas? :coocoo:

k so do u know where i can take my bike to get the suspension dialed in?

well theres several places you can call that can tune your suspension; revalve etc.

they'll have you send in ur suspension and they'll ask u ur weight and riding style.

some places are independent suspension, pro circuit, race tech, etc.

just give em a call and they'll probably give you a price quote (it can be very pricey)

http://www.independentraceshop.com/

http://www.procircuit.com/

http://www.racetech.com/

Edited by Gazlay43

there is a group here in town.. for some reason teamkhaos rings a bell.. the guy that does suspension work there used to work for race tech out in california... I can get a number and all that stuff for you if you would like? They are big into racing baja and the likes and know how to put a bike together..

ok thanks ill look in to that. so anyone have any ideas on what to do to make my bike stand out a bit more? :D

Do i have to do all the work...

Alien Motors Racing http://amrracing.com/ he is my landlord and is working on a custom kit for my 500 :D

they can custom design whatever you want to put on your bike.

yes how it looks and thanks for the help isbb

try checking with resenmx.com they do full custom graphics for a very good price. they did the graphics on my quad in my avatar and my 04 crf450. if you give them an idea of what you like they will come up with something email you a pic of what they came up with you decide if you like it or want to change it then they print it. you might ask about making you a deal for a second set of the same design they might work with you on that so you always have a backup if they get messed up

try checking with resenmx.com they do full custom graphics for a very good price. they did the graphics on my quad in my avatar and my 04 crf450. if you give them an idea of what you like they will come up with something email you a pic of what they came up with you decide if you like it or want to change it then they print it. you might ask about making you a deal for a second set of the same design they might work with you on that so you always have a backup if they get messed up

oh sweet thanks ill go look in to that right now sounds cool. :D:D

yes how it looks and thanks for the help isbb

theres lots of things u can do

theres graphics, different colored plastics, different colored rims, hubs spokes and nipples, bars and triple clamps, etc.

just about anything

theres lots of things u can do

theres graphics, different colored plastics, different colored rims, hubs spokes and nipples, bars and triple clamps, etc.

just about anything

ya im ordering some graphics i just ordered a red rim with a chrome hub it looks sick . i like my bars not gonna change till i eat crap and need a new pair lol. but im looking to get a tripple clamp but there just so damn expensive. thanks for the help

i was looking to get an air filter but was wondering what exactly an aftermarket airfilter does? does it just give it more air flow or does it give more hp. i dont know much about this kinda stuff lol well anyone know anything about this air filter or does anyone have any ideas on any other ones that might be better http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...odFamilyId=2702

Foam filters are much better than K&N's however some people swear by them... I run Ready Filters... 5 bucks a pop good for a trip and toss em.. they come pre-oiled and ready to go. No more cleanin filters.. :D In the long run they cost a small bit more than cleanin my own but im too lazy and its easy just to rip one off and throw another one on.... i wouldnt sweat an aftermarket filter just get a good notoil or twinair or something to help keep dirt out. Depending on the model of your bike some people recommend the twinair kit that includes a new cage, and mount ring and all that good stuff to ensure a good seal. but thats an optional thing.

Foam filters are much better than K&N's however some people swear by them... I run Ready Filters... 5 bucks a pop good for a trip and toss em.. they come pre-oiled and ready to go. No more cleanin filters.. :D In the long run they cost a small bit more than cleanin my own but im too lazy and its easy just to rip one off and throw another one on.... i wouldnt sweat an aftermarket filter just get a good notoil or twinair or something to help keep dirt out. Depending on the model of your bike some people recommend the twinair kit that includes a new cage, and mount ring and all that good stuff to ensure a good seal. but thats an optional thing.

hmm those ready filters sound good for me im way to lazy to clean my airfilter lol. but i think im going to look into that twin air kit sounds cool. im just trying to get something before holloween weekend i hate the damn stock filter.

Stock is probably a unifilter and just as good as the other foam filters... but whatever... I just ran the ready filters for simplicity.. and if i dump the bike and fill my airbox full of sand i dont have to wash wait dry oil blah blah blha.. just throw one away slap another on and back dunin in no time. :D thats about the only reason for em. BTW when using the ready filters if you go that route. Throw just a tad bit extra lip grease around the rim to help keep the sand out..

:boxer: I dont know why you want to make your bike any faster . No ones gonna be able to touch us dune season :D . O btw , while were talking about the crf I was wondering which paddle , if any , is the best for the Crf. Ive got the brand new intimidator on a warp 9 rim (black i heard that adds 6 hp) and for some reason stevens sandstar gets better grip and not as much sqwrly up the hill.:thumbsdown: