Outstanding Video

Sanduners

As most of you know, the Imperial Sand Dunes (Glamis) has been a hot box with the closures and all. Let's all hope that those wanting our sport to end never find a reason at Dumont Dunes for closure...

The video found here,

The Peirson's Milkvetch - A Case of ESA Gone Awry

is the ASA's 12 minute report on why this plant (PMV) should be de-listed from the Endangered Species Act (ESA) :thumb: This was produced and sent to many of our elected officials locally and in Wash DC. Do your local representitives know how you feel about your dune time???

Send an email now to let them know!

If your not a member of the American Sand Association, please consider joining as membership is free and helps to, Unite, Inform and Mobilize our sand community. :laughoff:

Go here to sign up:

https://www.americansandassociation.org/join/

24,000 members and growing stronger every day... B)

Thanks,

Jim

Sanduners@aol.com

I kinda like it the way it is but i dont... I see it this way... IF you opened up that area and people started venturing out there and getting hurt or lost i can see hearing of lots more deaths in the dunes... I think its a good thing but again i think its a bad thing.. the over crowding in glamis is just nuts... too many people in too small of area... I say they at least open up the smalll closure to the east of road runner give us a little more breathing room.. and extend the north portion of the large closure SOUTH to The WALL!! that would give us a bit more breathing room and we wouldnt have to worry about trampling over people.. :D

F*CK THAT! Closing those dunes over some weed is BULL. Especially when it's not really endangered. When the first closures first happened back in the late 70s, there was an aggreement that what was closed was a preserve and what was left open was supposed to stay open for OHV use FOREVER I repeat FORRR EVVVVERRRRRRR. FOREVER doesn't mean until some BS enviro terrorist decide they want the place shut down. If you give them an inch they will take a mile. It shouldn't be a constant battle to keep our dunes open. If they close down Glamis what do you think will be next. They don't want any form of OHVs out there at all PERIOD. So here's to all the enviro terrorists :laughoff::flipoff::laughoff: GET A F*CKING LIFE AND LEAVE US ALONE!

The imperial valley will not let them close down the dunes... You realize how much buisness is generated thru the imperial valley in the winter... you have the snowbirds and the duners in the winter then the summer is all the ag crops generatin cashola.. :D wont happen... plus you will have 1 - 2 million pissed off duners.. :D

The enviro terrorists don't care about the buisnesses or anything else other than closing those dunes. Don't say they won't close those dunes because they already have closed a large portion of those dunes. For all you people that believe they won't close those dune you better wake up and smell the cofee or read the writing on the wall or whatever.