TRT Member Question Or Contact info

Ynot (TRT) is on the TRT as the representative of Nevada off-roaders and Sandemon (John) is on the TRT as a representative of Friends of Dumont Dunes. I am president of Friends of Dumont Dunes and I try to attend the TRT meetings whenever possible, but I am not on the TRT.

That said... you can come to me anytime with any thoughts and if it's something I think only the TRT can handle, that's where it will go. If it's something I can help with, I will.

vickiw@friendsofdumontdunes.org

VickiW

How does one get appointed or approved to serve on the TRT? When or at what intervals dose the TRT change the members? Can the TRT be expanded? Am I correct in that there is only one member from Nevada? If so, can we get additional member representation from Nevada?

Also, are the TRT meetings open to the public? Is there a public hearing forum so that individuals can speak? How is the agenda determined? Is there a mechanism for getting issues on the meeting agenda either by way of petition or formal request?

I am just looking to understand how one can have a greater level of involvement or a greater impact on getting out the issues to the public. Thanks in advance for a detailed response.

Ron

How does one get appointed or approved to serve on the TRT? When or at what intervals dose the TRT change the members? Can the TRT be expanded? Am I correct in that there is only one member from Nevada? If so, can we get additional member representation from Nevada?

Also, are the TRT meetings open to the public? Is there a public hearing forum so that individuals can speak? How is the agenda determined? Is there a mechanism for getting issues on the meeting agenda either by way of petition or formal request?

I am just looking to understand how one can have a greater level of involvement or a greater impact on getting out the issues to the public. Thanks in advance for a detailed response.

Ron

Here's a start;http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow.html

If you look at the Techanical review team info it has the members names and where they are from. We have only one from Nv. and the FoDD is also represented. This was set up at the begining before members were actually picked from resumes submitted to BLM. I doubt that the make up of the board as far as what is represented can be changed however I believe the members are on 3 year terms.

Lot's of good info on their page.

exactly where is the BLM's Barstow field office?

Just wanted to post up the info for the next TRT meeting

August 21, 2007 10 AM

BLM Barstow Field Office Conference Room

2601 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311

For more information call (760) 252-6000

Terry (ynot), any word on the topics at hand for this one?

:booty:

Here's a start....info on the next meeting.

What time? I will attend. I will also make available a car-pool for others who want to go. I have room for three other individuals.

Let's see if we can get the word out and get people motivated to attend.

What time? I will attend. I will also make available a car-pool for others who want to go. I have room for three other individuals.

Let's see if we can get the word out and get people motivated to attend.

10:00AM at the Barstow field office.

Here's a start;http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow.html

If you look at the Techanical review team info it has the members names and where they are from. We have only one from Nv. and the FoDD is also represented. This was set up at the begining before members were actually picked from resumes submitted to BLM. I doubt that the make up of the board as far as what is represented can be changed however I believe the members are on 3 year terms.

Lot's of good info on their page.

Thanks.

Am I correct in that there is only one member from Nevada? If so, can we get additional member representation from Nevada?

Yes, there is only one from Nevada, one from California, one from the film industry, etc. I think perhaps you are missing the point of TRT representation.

The point to having a representative 'council' is so that those interested constituents can use their representative to act on their behalf. And no one TRT member has a stronger voice than another.

That means that, as a Nevada off-roader, Terry can bring your concerns to the TRT for you... just as the film industry representative brings those concerns to the table, the law enforcement representative brings those concerns to the table, so on and so forth. There will never be two film industry representatives but if there were, they would be bringing all the same issues to the table for discussion. Now... one representative may indeed bring two opposing thoughts to the table ("One guy suggested we charge additional fees for filming and another guy suggested we lower the fees for filming") because, well, they don't get to pick and choose what they bring from their constituents. If it comes to them, it goes to the TRT. It would be a waste and just plain silly to have two film industry representatives appointed and would take up a seat that might be filled by another body who has a "stake" in what happens to the area (be it Dumont or somewhere else).

That said... it is ALWAYS better to have as many members of the public on hand as possible. It lets the BLM see the community they are dealing with face-to-face.

This particular meeting has been discussed at length in prior posts here and on DumontSandDunes.com. In fact, the TRT has been a hot topic of discussion off and on, as you will find if you take a moment to acquaint yourself with the subject of TRT by doing a simple search of the forum databases. The TRT is fairly new to Dumont so now that your interest has been piqued in Dumont it won't take long to catch up on the issues. As I said, a simple search here at Dumont Dune Riders will bring a wide variety of interesting previous discussions including the battle to get a TRT meeting scheduled on a Saturday (an event we hope to repeat).

VickiW