Preventing Theft

I think Lojack is a great idea but runs around $500 per unit. I can't really get into the specifics of what a Lojack unit entails, but I can tell you that yes probably 99% of all Lojack equiped vehicles are recovered within a very short time of activation. The process requires that your vehicle be entered into the stolen vehicle system by your local LE agency. once that is done, the Lojack signal is tracked. unfortunately if somebody is familiar with Lojack, like anything else they can disable it, but it is not easy.

I personally use a cable system and a dog nearby

This is not a prevent theft suggestion, but something that everyone must do. After I cleaned the quads, I took the digital camera and took photos from several angles of each quad and of the VINs. I also wrote down a description of each quad. (Damage, stickers, aftermarket parts, etc. ) I have seen a few posts here on stolen toys, but no quality pictures or descriptions. I figure it would be a good idea to have some photographs of them, even if they are insured. It is your responsibility to keep your stuff secure. Lock it all up. No matter where it is. Even in a locked garage! JMHO.