front sand paddles 4 a ranger?

mex450

• 1 month later...

i have a 08 ranger with rear paddles , but i'm thinking of getting front ones what do you think. thank's guys..

are they worth it???

i bought them for my buddy for his birthday, the haulers. He loves them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard mixed reactions to them....it depends on what kinda power you are running....if you are stock, and you get a lighter wheel/tire combo, then it is OK

what size motor you running? the 500 or 700?

also check out this site...all rangers and rzrs all the time

http://www.prcforum.com/

700 cc's

700 cc's

this is what i have gotten from my research previously on the subject

if you are staying stock...then going with a lighter rim and maxxis bighorns will get you to a lot of places in the dunes.....stock...the paddles suck the power from the motor without any real benefit.

if you go bigger (and its gonna cost a pretty penny...about 2K for an extra 10-15 hp) then paddles are the way to go.

now someone might come along and say different.....these are the places i have gotten this infor from

glamisdunes.com

prcforum

i have a 08 ranger with rear paddles , but i'm thinking of getting front ones what do you think. thank's guys..

are they worth i :dunno::blury: t??? :dope:

We tested a set of Dune Stars on a stock Ranger 700 XP a few years ago. We did a straight up comp test, we did not go up sideways and it made it up 3/4 of the way. We had to air the tires down to about 3.5 pounds to climb comp as well.

The owner who tested them was happy with the performance in the smaller dunes, but we were not impressed with comp. The Ranger does not have enough power for steep stuff.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

We tested a set of Dune Stars on a stock Ranger 700 XP a few years ago. We did a straight up comp test, we did not go up sideways and it made it up 3/4 of the way. We had to air the tires down to about 3.5 pounds to climb comp as well.

The owner who tested them was happy with the performance in the smaller dunes, but we were not impressed with comp. The Ranger does not have enough power for steep stuff.

Craig

thanks guys

Craig

WITH stock tires aireddown, i made it about 3/4 of the way up comp too