Lake Mead Claims Another Diver

Sandpirates2

This is very sad! I grew up with my dad being a dive instructor and also around when him and a few others

from SURF (sheriffs underwater recovery force)) brought up bodies from Lake Mead and the river. We would have to go up to the truck when the bodies were brought up but it was sad to see the friends and family down there watching as the drowning victim was put into the body bag. This brought back ALOT of sad memories I hadn't thought about in a long time. The worst being the 3 kids that went into DEVILS HOLE only 1 returned.

Prayers going out to the family!!!

Heres one of the worst vids for any diver to watch......

Do not watch if you dont want to see what happens when you go too deep with not enough experience.

iam wondering why this guy sank like a brick? he just kept going and going...anyonw know what really happened?

My boss had all sorts of info on the plane this dude was diving, I didn't realize this was another plane than the bomber by the narrows. I did find out that diving the bomber requires a permit that costs ~$450 or so. Both planes are in the 140ft range. I'd like to do the bomber plane at the end of August :D

A dry suit aint gonna kill ya if it lets go, its the first and or second stages that freeze up, all of a sudden all you have is bubbles and massive noise untill a few seconds later when all your air is gone.

The first thing we would do is swap in an environmental dry kit for the first stage and with a steel second you have a lot less change of freezing up.

I would love to come diving with ya sometime, how much do you think it would cost to rent the gear and a semi dry suit?

It's been a long time since I've rented but I seem to remember a regular wet suit, one tank, bc, and weights being ~$35 in Boulder City.

I have been diving for 12 years now and I know a few guys that have died. It is poor judgement that will get you killed,but what happens under the water has to be underwater.

OPEN WATER PADI

ADVANCED OPEN WATER PADI

RESCUE DIVER PADI

ENRICHED AIR DIVER PADI

DIVE MASTER PADI

ADVANCED EANx DIVER IANTD

DECOMPRESSION DIVER TDI

ADVANCED NITROX TDI

I have over 500 dives with more than 150 dives of 200+ feet

Hey Dave, I think I read on SinCityDivers.com that the bomber requires advanced Nitrox. I need to get back in the water soon! Want to hit up the lake after cleanup weekend?