Honda 250EX 2007

DarbyCrash

I bought my daughter a 2007 250EX last year. She is 12 years old and is getting pretty good at riding it. I'm trying to find out about suspension upgrades and what sort of mods to make it faster and more stable. She has been riding since she was 4 and knows how to kick it around pretty good but it seems to be a little unstable and needs to be a bit faster for her so she can play in the dunes with her old man.

I've not had a lot of luck finding aftermarket stuff for this particular bike. It appears nobody makes anything for it except for a pipe.

Anybody out there riding one of these or have any experience with them and has done what I would like to do.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Bigtruckdrmr has the same quad.

I bought her the Dynojet kit and a K&N. Pulled the baffle and no lid on the airbox.

It helped but still can't get her to the top of the bigger hills. I don't think a pipe would really help her out much more.

I think it really needs a wider rear axle though, that would help out as far as the stability goes. I never looked at suspension since we never wanted to put that much into it since it's still to small to make it through "anything".

Good luck.

I've thought about the dynojet kit and I've noticed FMF, Procircuit and Yoshi make exhaust for them. I just don't know if they are going to open that little sucker up enough to be worth the investment and which one I would use. To top it off, speed needs stability. I think Loanstar makes a rear axle for it but watching her ride makes me wonder if I do the rear, I'm going to have to do the front and I can't find any A arm kits and I really don't trust wheel spacers.

I really like the quad for my daughter. It's the right size and it is giving her the opportunity to learn how to work a clutch (or not). She has just gotten real comfortable on it real fast and wants to be able to keep up with the boys and older girls.

Your daughter is a bit older than mine, how does she like it?

She's actually my girlfriend, that was an easy mistake though. :beercheers:

She's 22 and can ride really good, she can follow me through most of the stuff I take her through on my 450.

When I ride it, it feels way too narrow and I wouldn't want it to have much more power then it already has. I've gotten "loose" on it more than once.

The main reason why we havn't spent alot of money on it is she is ready to get a 450, which she want's one by the start of next season.

If you plan on holding on to it for awhile, go ahead and drop the money to make it more stable. It sounds like you want to keep it for her for awhile, which I would too if I were in youre shoes.

I think I've spent about $150.00 on the jet kit and K&N.

if my 230+ lb brother can ride a 250ex all over glamis bone stock on knobbies.. you dont need chit :P A little slower than most but he made it everywhere with creative line picking :D

if my 230+ lb brother can ride a 250ex all over glamis bone stock on knobbies.. you dont need chit :P A little slower than most but he made it everywhere with creative line picking :D

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2

I have a 07 that my son rides and it has a Fat Boy 4 on it with K&N filter W/outerware jet kit no air box lid.

I bought the kit from Duncan racing and it runs perfect.We ride dumont,glamis

occtillo wells and the jetting has worked great everywere. :ban-split::beercheers: