MS Outlook help

iweb

I have been using Outlook Express, I loaded Office XP Pro today and a new Outlook came up so I imported the old info and now a freaking Outlook box comes up saying another program is trying to access my email address and do I want to allow it. If I hit no I have to hit it 6-8 times and the box goes away for a few seconds and then come back. If I click yes I have to pick a time and I have to do that 4 or 5 times until the box goes away for the time I pick then the box(s) are back.

I rebooted twice and ran virus protection scan twice. When I open Outlook Express I don't get the boxes.

What can I do to get rid of the box?

Edited by iweb

XP and Office XP Pro not sure of year but I don't think 2007. I can't just uninstall Outlook as it shows up in the control panel as Office not individual programs in Office.

Do you have some type of access databse that automatically sends e-mails? That is when I have seen the type of error message you're describing. As far as the times it pops up, they only allow the program to access your e-mail for that ammount of time. I would suggest maybe giving it a shot to see what the hec it is tryign to e-mail so that you may be able to narrow down the culprit. I don't think that Outlook in Office 2003 is the issue.

XP and Office XP Pro not sure of year but I don't think 2007. I can't just uninstall Outlook as it shows up in the control panel as Office not individual programs in Office.

Hmmm..... all of mine are separated out like this:

post-475-1209488418_thumb.jpg

However when I click on the Office program I get a change option:

post-475-1209488430_thumb.jpg

When I click the change option I get this....which should allow you to choose certain components.

post-475-1209488441_thumb.jpg