need some advice on whats bent

dusthol

ok guys help me out here. was at amargosa showing off, hit a small dune with the right frt wheel. came off dune and noticed that wheel was at a 45 degree angle. limped it back to camp. couldnt find anything bent. tierods look straight, cant find any paint peeling on knuckle where tierod bolts on. thinking i bent the knuckle. so i did a quick alignment to get it rolling. had to break the bead off the tire to clean the sand, reseated the tire. and off we went. so my question is what bent?

ok guys help me out here. was at amargosa showing off, hit a small dune with the right frt wheel. came off dune and noticed that wheel was at a 45 degree angle. limped it back to camp. couldnt find anything bent. tierods look straight, cant find any paint peeling on knuckle where tierod bolts on. thinking i bent the knuckle. so i did a quick alignment to get it rolling. had to break the bead off the tire to clean the sand, reseated the tire. and off we went. so my question is what bent?

your spindle is bent.

took it to the dealer for serviceing, while it was there asked the tech to look at spindle and tie rods. he couldnt find anything wrong. guess i leave it until something finally shows up.

took it to the dealer for serviceing, while it was there asked the tech to look at spindle and tie rods. he couldnt find anything wrong. guess i leave it until something finally shows up.

The spindle may not look bent, but it sounds like it is from past experience. you can't really tell just by looking at it. Do you have stock wheels or offset wheels? The easiest way to find out is to measure the distance from the ball joint on the tie rod to the wheel on each side. If it's different then typically the one that has the shortest distance is the one that is bent.

thanks i'll try that tonite, :D while i'm kicking my other bike. :slap:

The arm of the knuckle is what usually bends. if you look close, you may see a slight difference in height of the arm where it connects at the tie rod end when compaired to the other side. A slight bend there can make a big difference at the wheel.

If you need your Rhino in a hurry we do stock the knuckle (Spindle)

If it is a tie rod, Yamaha will try and sell you a rack. The tie rods are not serviceable separate from the tie rods from Yamaha. Frap makes a tie rod that will replace the stock one. It's a little stronger and costs a lot less than buying the whole rack.