2007 yz250f ?

Warrior07

hard starting is usually 2 things on those yammi's

valves out of adjustment... or the pilot jet is wrong for the application.. :D I would play with the fuel air screw first and see if you can get it better if not try a diffrent pilot probably need a richer one.. then if that still dont do it.. hit up the valves and get em adjusted

Well i did forget to mention i had'nt started it in a couple months. But i did take it out this weekend and this time took about 10 kicks. But every time i went to ride again it started right up ! a little finicky on the idle adjustment though :beercheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Well after checking out other forums i got it down to 3 kicks to start umm :flipoff: don't give it any throttle and the mo fo starts pretty easy ! :undecided:

Well it ended up being a cam chain needed to be replaced & valve adjustment now it actually idles :laughoff: Now looks like i'm going to be more willing to go riding. Instead of saying i'll pass ! :freakin_nuts:

i highly doubt the chain needed replacing on a 2 year old bike thats hardly ridden and ridden by a pansy a$$!! but the valves sound about right for giving you trouble on the starting...

i highly doubt the chain needed replacing on a 2 year old bike thats hardly ridden and ridden by a pansy a$$!! but the valves sound about right for giving you trouble on the starting...

:?: muff huggaa :beercheers:

I have barely rode it but yeah it seemed the guy who had it before me put some hours on it ! the chain was stretched fo shizzle though! And throwing off the timing or whatever ! :ban-split: