My family and my self have allways been duners,and can't amagine not doing it.
but what else is there? we also do the lake thing in the summer.
after the colision I was in volved in at dumont i'm seriously think'n
about the safety of my family, and the danger involved.
I'm starting to view duning as target practice in a school playground
what if you could go out in a helicopter on thanks giving weekend
and spend the day hovering over, how many close calls do you think you will see???
I for one think the rhino thing was a good thing because it slowed a lot of people
down.
I think something needs to happen to better orginize the dunes, it's kinda like a
skating rink where no one goes the same direction. now add hi powered sand toys
and un trained drivers. accidents waiting to happen!
as the years go by more and more people are show'n up at the dunes, off weekends
are a thing of the past, quads, dirt bikes, sand rails all traveling at high rates of speed going
in every direction.
I've allways used the left turn rule when hill climbing, if you can't make it up the hill
you turn to the left and head back down, that way it was predictable what you were doing
we used to wait till the person ahead of you cleared the hill before you took off.
now people go every which way
same as driv'n on the street, when you come up on someone you'd yeild to the right
now it's like a gun fight, or a chicken match you have to wait till they make a move,
then try avoid hitting them.
myself I'm ready to throw in the towel and do something different, in fact I went and
bought another harley today.
I think the accidents at the dunes are only gonna get worse, more and more
I hear of life changing accidents that just were bound to happen
anyway, anyone have any ideas to make it safer for a guy to take his family to the dunes??
or is gonna become dare devil crash fest