Need a plumber

White Rhino

OK so I get a call from one of my tenants, and there is a leak from the shower in the second floor, good (well and bad) is that its leaking into the garage, at least its not into a living space. So I tore a hole in the roof of the garage, and thought it was leaking from a joint of the drain pipe, (cut out the old joint, and put in a new)but come to find out it leaks from the shower, and shower only, doesn't leak when the bathtub is running, so I assume its the pipe leading from the faucet to the shower head, that's beyond what I want to get into.

so anybody now anybody?

PM me please help a DDR member out!!! :MBdance::MBdance::cold:

Sounds to me that it's either the shower arm or the drop ear..did the tenants try to replace a shower head ?.. If the drains are fine and the faucet dosn't leaking only until it's deverted to the shower head.

it's got to be either the shower arm broke at the drop ear or the drop ear broke at the pipe fitting

nope.. .your gonna have to cut a hole in the wall behind the entertainment unit to find the problem.. HOWEVER.. i would pull the face plate off the faucet handle first.. and see if its leaking from there vs the shower head fitting.. The faucet face plate is usually 2 screws and an allen wrench to get the handle off..

ya- nick's right about removeing the cover for your shower handle and inspect for leaks.. see if the valve is leaking or it's leaking from above....I'll pm you my # if you need help, talking you through it

Guest Crasher

You also need to consider if there is mold behind there from the leak. If so, that stuff spreads fast and it will need to be remediated if you ever want to sell the home. Depending on when the leak occurred it may or may not be too bad. You will see it for sure on the green board behind the faucet/shower head. Unfortunately, I don't know any plumbers in the area. But I do know companies that do the remediation if you need it.