Kragen HID lights (HELP)

Vegas250rr

Alright for those of you that have these lights I have a question.... would someone try to fire them with a ATC 70. I have an idea but I am not sure it will pan out, and the 70 being able to run them is the key. I think that at a rev the light will fire , you just need to keep the revs up till the like is up to temp. and then you should be able to let off the throttle.

should this experiment work, I will take my idea further! :flipoff:

thanks for the help!

http://kbrowncustoms.bigcartel.com/product/hid-power-cell

Try that.. maybe it will work for you

CApt

I have two problems with that....

I dont currently own a 70 to try it with,

and I am trying to get around the cell.

you guys with the Estart Lifans on your 70s wont have any issues, but my idea is for ALL 70s stock or not

Edited by Vegas250rr

Alright for those of you that have these lights I have a question.... would someone try to fire them with a ATC 70. I have an idea but I am not sure it will pan out, and the 70 being able to run them is the key. I think that at a rev the light will fire , you just need to keep the revs up till the like is up to temp. and then you should be able to let off the throttle.

should this experiment work, I will take my idea further! :flipoff:

thanks for the help!

You MUST have 12DC power, all atvs, quads and bikes have stators and all stators are AC, all auto Alternators are AC, hence the name, or they would be generators (DC). A rechargeable battery pack or cell or install a full wave bridge rectifier/regulator and battery. No magic wands. When I put an HID on my LT 500 I had plenty of power with super sized light coils I made but had to add the rectifier/regulator and battery.

i run one on my 04 450r honda kick start no battery. run it off the high beam circuit. no problem so far with almost a years worth of dune night rides.

You run a HID High Intensity Discharge light that has a ballast and igniter on AC power?

You run a HID High Intensity Discharge light that has a ballast and igniter on AC power?

yep i run a checker auto $!00 7" hid on my 04 honda 450r kick start no battery. i have it wired into the high beam circuit no real flicker very bright puts all the stock quad lights to shame. have posted the pic several time here it is again.

post-978-1233650042_thumb.jpg

yep i run a checker auto $!00 7" hid on my 04 honda 450r kick start no battery. i have it wired into the high beam circuit no real flicker very bright puts all the stock quad lights to shame. have posted the pic several time here it is again.

I looked your quad up and it has a rectifier/regulator and a capacitor which takes the place of a battery. Without these it would fry. Too bad all quads don't have these.

post-1632-1233663341_thumb.jpg

I looked your quad up and it has a rectifier/regulator and a capacitor which takes the place of a battery. Without these it would fry. Too bad all quads don't have these.

post-1632-1233663341_thumb.jpg

this is true... but ... I have seen lots of lights on the front of 70s... so I know someone on here has to have one!

how good is this light for peripheral vision?

this is true... but ... I have seen lots of lights on the front of 70s... so I know someone on here has to have one!

Halogen will work with AC or DC but HID is DC ONLY. Read your documentation for your light, it will say reverse polarity will damage the electronics and void warrantee, plus you'll ruin your chances of having a fan club when people destroy their HIDs :laughing: