Lug Nuts Keep Falling Off.

Misery

Hey every one. Does anybody have any idea as to why my lug nuts keep falling off on my back tire of my quad? It only happens to this one tire. Also is there a way to fix this? I have spent about 200 bucks all ready on replacements. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

M.D. :shoot:

I'm going to assume that they are tight enough....with that being said it could be a couple things. Check that you are using the correct style nut for your wheel. If your rim is flat where the studs go through make sure you lugnut has a flat base. If your wheels are tapered use accorn lug nets. Also make sure your stud holes are round and not "ovaled" out. Try to replace your lug nuts with nylon locking lugnuts.

I'm going to assume that they are tight enough....with that being said it could be a couple things. Check that you are using the correct style nut for your wheel. If your rim is flat where the studs go through make sure you lugnut has a flat base. If your wheels are tapered use accorn lug nets. Also make sure your stud holes are round and not "ovaled" out. Try to replace your lug nuts with nylon locking lugnuts.

Yes we are tightening them as much as possible. I will check the wheels and nuts. Thanks :)

Guest Crasher

Have you try locktigth so they wont fall out

I assume you mean "locktight", but why would you use that??? I'm no expert, but doesn't that mean that you can't remove them again (without ruining the threads)? I'm sure she switches back and forth with knobbies and paddles, so I wouldn't think locktight would be a good choice. :shoot: I may be wrong though. Wingy handles all that stuff for me!! :blonde:

I assume you mean "locktight", but why would you use that??? I'm no expert, but doesn't that mean that you can't remove them again (without ruining the threads)? I'm sure she switches back and forth with knobbies and paddles, so I wouldn't think locktight would be a good choice. :lol: I may be wrong though. Wingy handles all that stuff for me!! :blonde:

I had heard LONG ago, a little

Elmers goes a long way. Holds but

can be removed plus water clean up.

Blue locktite is your friend, Red is for something you never want to come off again (but you sill can take it apart)

Once the locktite is on there and you take the nut and bolt apart, the locktite comes right off with a small pick.

Hey every one. Does anybody have any idea as to why my lug nuts keep falling off on my back tire of my quad? It only happens to this one tire. Also is there a way to fix this? I have spent about 200 bucks all ready on replacements. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

M.D. :DDRrocks:

I have a couple ideas:

1. Take the lug wrench away from your little brother.

2. Don't let your Ex work on your quad.

3. Any more? :whoop: