WELDINGG!

SandBurro

Any you :beercheers: know of any one in the Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley that weld ???? I have a VW muffler that has cracked and needs re welding. Will pay with money or beer. :laughing:

Howards muffler in Victorville, on Mojave Dr between 7th and the high school.

PM BarefootBob.. ask him to get it welded.. He lives in Apple Valley and I think James might be able to take care of that for you (he lives in hesperia)

Capt

This is what im dealing with ...

ExhaustIssues11.jpg

ExhaustIssues13.jpg

Im concerned that the soot in the pipes will contaminate the weld, will that cause an issue ? Also, any one know of a good vw type 3 exhaust ? most of the exhaust ive seen are for type 1 VW's and the headers would pre heat the air going into the cooling fan of the engine since its in the front. I would like to replace what i have, but cant find it any where.

Would this work ?? http://www.mooreparts.com/store/product/977/AC251103/

Edited by SandBurro

This is what im dealing with ...

ExhaustIssues11.jpg

ExhaustIssues13.jpg

Im concerned that the soot in the pipes will contaminate the weld, will that cause an issue ? Also, any one know of a good vw type 3 exhaust ? most of the exhaust ive seen are for type 1 VW's and the headers would pre heat the air going into the cooling fan of the engine since its in the front. I would like to replace what i have, but cant find it any where.

Like I said, Howards muffler, he'll gas weld it, no wire feed or he can mandrel bend new tubing. He's had that shop at least since the early '70s. He has a bad a$$ off-road jeep he takes to Dumont. You probably need to support it better, probably why it cracked.

Edited by RUn2it

Like I said, Howards muffler, he'll gas weld it, no wire feed or he can mandrel bend new tubing. He's had that shop at least since the early '70s. He has a bad a$$ off-road jeep he takes to Dumont. You probably need to support it better, probably why it cracked.

I hope he is decently priced for repairs. A new exhaust is only around $140. Does he give discounts for DDR members :praying:

Any you :coocoo: know of any one in the Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley that weld ???? I have a VW muffler that has cracked and needs re welding. Will pay with money or beer. :think:

Didn't see the part about the decent prices or discounts for DDR members in your post but did see the part that says "but can't find it anywhere" so not sure what $140 will get you. Never heard anyone complain, he built my exhaust on my truck 15 years ago, got the Magnaflow for my MOHO from him and he's a half block off the main street thru Victorville and don't think he started charging for estimates. But you have other choices here.

howards is a good outfit ive had 2 or 3 systems put in by him over the years. thats probably rotted pretty bad. my buddy james does more fabrication on heavy walled stuff and bending like rhino cages and what not, buggy frames roll bars ect.